Axiom Home Page
Posted By: nickbuol Got a new ride today... - 04/20/08 03:30 AM
Well, not exactly NEW, but new to me.

I traded in my 1999 Ford Contour SE Sport for this:

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with only 36,500 miles. Gotta love 240 supercharged horses under the hood... Now I need to clean out my garage and make another 8 inches of clearance on the one side since it is wider than my old car...
Posted By: cgrface Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/20/08 03:35 AM
Nice car Nick! Gotta love the lure of horsepower. Just takes you back to the days of youth when men were men and sheep were scared. just kidding of course. Looks amazingly clean. Good find.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/20/08 03:40 AM
Sweet! Nice looking ride, Nick.

Err, keep us updated on the speeding tickets. ;\)
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/20/08 03:49 AM
I had to drive almost 2 hours to get it, and boy was it hard not to stomp on the gas. The heads-up display helps to remind you how fast you are going, and the average MPG on the dash reminds you not to tromp on it too much. Still a much nicer car than what I had before.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/20/08 04:24 AM
You left the lights on.

Congrats on the new car. \:\)
Posted By: JohnK Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/20/08 08:08 AM
Looks nice, Nick. Haven't had a Pontiac(or "Poonyawk", as our people say)since my Fiero. Enjoy.
Posted By: SRoode Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/20/08 11:59 AM
Congrats!

I hope your 1st order of business will be to replace the factory installed Bose sound system ;\)
Posted By: fredk Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/20/08 12:27 PM
 Quote:
...and the average MPG on the dash...

Ah, they still have that thing.

I must say, that is one of the nicest handling cars I have ever driven. Its amazing to watch the mph drop off a cliff when you punch it though. \:o
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/20/08 01:49 PM
I should have pulled the after market head unit out of my old car and saved it for this one. I did pull out the new sub and amp from my old car, and I have some "pretty good" 6x9 speakers for the rear here, but I am not sure that it will sound a lot better than what is in there.
Posted By: Wid Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/20/08 04:01 PM

Nice ride, I have always liked the Pontiac line.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/20/08 04:05 PM
Nice toy Nick, I mean ride. \:\)
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/20/08 07:02 PM
Supercharger! Very nice, Nick. Low miles!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/21/08 01:03 AM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
You left the lights on.

I should have gotten the pavement wet like they do in the movies... Dang...
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/21/08 10:09 AM
You could have put some envious neighbors in the background too!

Nice Car!

On my way to my minivan to run errands now.... \:\(
Posted By: DaveG Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/21/08 11:54 AM
Congrats, nice looking ride.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/21/08 12:22 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
On my way to my minivan to run errands now.... \:\(

Yeah, we've got a minivan too and I'll admit that a minivan is a very "functional" vehicle, and great for when your wife and two daughters think that they need to pack a week and a half worth of clothes just for a weekend trip "just in case"...

I was out on the highway last night on the edge of town at night with nobody around and I was at a stop light (speed limit 55MPH, but a stop light nonetheless)... Anyway, I didn't even put it in to "performance shift" mode and I kid you not, this car left rubber on the road... I also noticed my average MPG drop, but I got to 60 in what seemed like 6 seconds, but I am sure that I was off on that since I was just counting in my head...

And to think that my oldest just turned 14 and in Iowa she can start driving with a parent in the car. In a year she can drive solo to and from school. I was worried about my '99 Contour having too much power, but this is crazy...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/21/08 03:11 PM
 Quote:
You could have put some envious neighbors in the background too!

Posted By: nickbuol Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/21/08 03:22 PM
That is awesome!

I love the guy with the cowboy hat!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/21/08 03:26 PM
Local Altoona Walmart shoppers, please proceed to Pleasant Hill to check out Nick's new wheels...
Posted By: jakewash Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/21/08 03:35 PM
Nick, I don't mean to rain on your parade but I thought you might like to check if this recall was done, your local dealership should be able to tell you.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Got a new ride today... - 04/21/08 03:49 PM
Meh, what's a little car fire when the passenger airbag can send shrapnel if it deploys (one of the four recalls for this vehicle)...

Thanks. I'll check it out.
© Axiom Message Boards