Axiom Home Page
Posted By: RickF For those afraid of heights... - 05/14/08 07:57 PM
Want to go for a hike?

Not me.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: For those afraid of heights... - 05/14/08 09:21 PM
Wow.

I was enjoying it until they got to the parts with just the supports remaining. Vertigo from a freaking video!

Dude

Where is this? Incredible place. Like your own real Indiana Jones adventure.

Posted By: Wid Re: For those afraid of heights... - 05/14/08 09:51 PM
No way, I couldn't do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caminito_del_Rey
Posted By: Hutzal Re: For those afraid of heights... - 05/14/08 10:24 PM
I would have no problem at all with this if I was latched onto that support wire. My wife would probably watch from the ground ;\)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: For those afraid of heights... - 05/14/08 10:32 PM
That's insane. Even worse, the dude is doing it while holding a video camera!
Posted By: Kruncher Re: For those afraid of heights... - 05/14/08 10:48 PM
 Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth

Vertigo from a freaking video!

I chuckled when I read that and thought "Yeah, right!"

I'm out at 01:41. By 2:00 my palms were sweating. By 04:30 I just about couldn't watch any more.

Outstanding video quality, BTW. That guy has more guts than brains.
Posted By: RickF Re: For those afraid of heights... - 05/14/08 11:25 PM
Did you notice the guy in the green T with the two safety lines about 4 or so minutes into the video, whenever he would get to a place where the safety cable was anchored into the side of the mountain he would connect a secondary safety harness/clip prior to disconnecting the first safety harness/clip?

To me ... I *could* be wrong, but to me it almost looks as though the camera person is not using any safety lines for a couple of reasons, first I never did see any movement from the safety cable on the mountain that may have indicated this person was connecting/disconnecting a safety harness and second the movement of this person looked too fluid to be stopping for connecting or disconnecting of any harness.

Video editing may play a role in this train of thought though. Either way, count me out on this hike.
Posted By: merchman Re: For those afraid of heights... - 05/15/08 12:51 AM
Cool video Rick. I say do it. Of course we must invite Indiana Jones to accompany. Oh the life of the thrill seeker.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: For those afraid of heights... - 05/15/08 02:02 AM
I saw that a few weeks ago, gives me the shivers just watching it....
Posted By: lucv13 Re: For those afraid of heights... - 05/15/08 05:58 AM
That was cool, shipped it off to my action junkie daughter, she'll probably make it her next outing
Posted By: fredk Re: For those afraid of heights... - 05/15/08 08:29 AM
Looks cool! I think I would use a harness though.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: For those afraid of heights... - 05/15/08 08:47 AM
I was the 2nd guy who waved at the camera.
Posted By: davidsch Re: For those afraid of heights... - 05/15/08 12:15 PM
Damn Dan - you are just as crazy as the other guys! Several years back I was big into backpacking and did a few trails in Montana that hugged some cliff sides but nothing that required me to tightrope across a steel tube! I'll pass on that hike.
Posted By: Murph Re: For those afraid of heights... - 05/15/08 02:39 PM
I'd love to do that hike. Amazing views and would never be forgotten.

I too wondered if the cameraman wasn't using safety lines. I won't kid you though, my heart would be pumping!! But that's what makes it memorable.

Edited to add that I have this thing that when I'm over adrenalized, my hands, arms and legs shake. People often confuse it as fear or nerves but it isn't. It occurs when I play sports hard as well. Rugby coach would know if I was totally burnt out when I stopped shaking. Either way, I was thinking after, that that would not be a good place to get shaky. Nerves or not nerves. heh heh.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: For those afraid of heights... - 05/15/08 02:45 PM
I would be using safety lines for sure.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: For those afraid of heights... - 05/15/08 04:18 PM
My palms are literally sweating right now...
Posted By: michael_d Re: For those afraid of heights... - 05/15/08 06:49 PM
I'd wear a shoot. The "safety line" doesn't look too safe to me.

Super cool video Richard. Thanks for sharing.
© Axiom Message Boards