Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ken.C Ah, the cable business... - 06/13/08 03:29 PM
Everyone's in on it.

In case the link doesn't work, that's a $500, 5' ethernet cable by Denon for DenonLink, providing the optimal in digital signal transfer. Unh hunh.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Ah, the cable business... - 06/13/08 03:34 PM
Thanks for the link, Ken. I've ordered one of those up. I've been waiting for Denon to come up with something like this so I can use it with my 3808. I wanted to use the same brand cable so I don't have any problems.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Ah, the cable business... - 06/13/08 03:51 PM
I know Denon was for sale, did Monster buy them? \:\/
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Ah, the cable business... - 06/13/08 05:40 PM
In their defense, those are about the snazziest ethernet cables I've ever seen. ;\)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Ah, the cable business... - 06/13/08 06:54 PM
This is true. Perhaps I'll buy about 48 of them... Oh wait.
Posted By: Joe_in_SC Re: Ah, the cable business... - 06/13/08 10:36 PM
I couldn't help but notice that the "signal directional markings" point in both directions. At least that makes it harder to hook it up wrong.

It's not such a bad deal when you figure that it only costs a bit over $0.33/mm.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Ah, the cable business... - 06/13/08 10:44 PM
 Originally Posted By: Joe_in_Ct
It's not such a bad deal when you figure that it only costs a bit over $0.33/mm.

Joe, with thoughts like that, they oughta put you on their marketing committee! ;\)
Posted By: JohnK Re: Ah, the cable business... - 06/14/08 01:25 AM
Very good, Sean; you've made a wise purchase indeed. While at first glance it might not seem apparent why the premium of $495 or so that its $499 price represents in comparison to ordinary ethernet cables is justified, the point that Joe mentions explains everything. The key feature is clearly that "Additionally, signal directional markings are provided for optimum signal transfer". Although I was somewhat confused in that it appeared there were arrows pointing in both directions, presumably the electrons will be able to resolve any ambiguity.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Ah, the cable business... - 06/18/08 02:29 AM
Well, now more customer reviews are in, and we should certainly consider the benefits which we didn't take into account that they discuss .
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Ah, the cable business... - 06/18/08 02:35 AM
Do they all go on like the first page? That's great...
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Ah, the cable business... - 06/18/08 02:44 AM
Lol, these guy on Amazon are funny! Reminds me of another board. ;\)
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Ah, the cable business... - 06/18/08 03:15 AM
Agreed, those are funny! Thanks for the link, JohnK.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Ah, the cable business... - 06/18/08 01:27 PM
Many LOLz from teh Amazonians.

I love Amazons.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Ah, the cable business... - 06/18/08 02:32 PM
Fantastic link and great reviews. Thank you.
© Axiom Message Boards