Axiom Home Page
Posted By: HomeDad Firefox 3.0 - 06/18/08 03:26 PM
I finally decided to change Internet browsers, I just installed Firefox 3.0 that was released today. So far I'm liking it, it loads much faster than I.E. and is supposed to be one of the most compatible to Web standards.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Firefox 3.0 - 06/18/08 03:37 PM
There are some pages I visit for work (mainly with the government of Alberta oil & gas) that require me to use IE. But other than that (they are out of date), I use FF 3.0 for everything. Its freakin great!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Firefox 3.0 - 06/18/08 03:51 PM
Yeah, I've been using FF3 as my primary at work since beta 5. Works well for most things.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Firefox 3.0 - 06/18/08 03:54 PM
Death to ActiveX!
Posted By: dllewel Re: Firefox 3.0 - 06/18/08 04:51 PM
Still using 2.0 - I guess I'm off to download 3.0 and check it out.
Posted By: JaimeG Re: Firefox 3.0 - 06/18/08 04:52 PM
 Quote:
Death to ActiveX!

Couldnt agree more...
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Firefox 3.0 - 06/18/08 05:05 PM
ARGH! I downloaded v3.0 and it isn't compatible with my Firefox plug-ins. It doesn't test these out before the upgrade, so now I am stuck. I use some of them quite often, like the flash video download plug-in and Real-player download plug-in. Between those two I can download just about any video from online even when embedded so that I can save it for watching later without having to be online or for those videos that are helpful and informative (or entertaining) that I want to keep in case they get dropped off of YouTube, Veoh, or wherever.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Firefox 3.0 - 06/18/08 05:25 PM
So far I'm pretty happy with Firefox, load times are much faster than I.E. I still have get used to some of the changes, but so far so good.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Firefox 3.0 - 06/18/08 05:32 PM
Just installed and have been browsing some pages here. Definitely is faster and more zippy through the Axiom forums than IE or FF2.0.
Posted By: Joe_in_SC Re: Firefox 3.0 - 06/19/08 12:03 AM
 Originally Posted By: Hutzal
There are some pages I visit for work (mainly with the government of Alberta oil & gas) that require me to use IE. But other than that (they are out of date), I use FF 3.0 for everything. Its freakin great!

There's a great plug-in for viewing pages as IE. Not sure if it's compatible with 3.0 since I haven't upgraded yet.
© Axiom Message Boards