Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Jared555 I have to ask... - 06/24/08 08:12 AM
Can you feel the subs when you are standing on the ground?

http://www.axiomaudio.com/research_SubwooferMeasuringTower.html
Posted By: CV Re: I have to ask... - 06/24/08 08:23 AM
If they aren't secured correctly, I bet you can really feel them.
Posted By: Jared555 Re: I have to ask... - 06/24/08 09:00 AM
Well in that case whoever messed that up could call it a drop test
Posted By: CV Re: I have to ask... - 06/24/08 09:06 AM
By the way, welcome to the board. Hopefully someone from Axiom can give you a serious answer in a little while.
Posted By: Jared555 Re: I have to ask... - 06/24/08 09:56 AM
Thanks.... I have been reading for a while but due to it being the middle of the night I thought of that stupid question and had to register lol
Posted By: Ajax Re: I have to ask... - 06/24/08 12:07 PM
Just a guess on my part, but I doubt they can feel the sub from the ground. The sub's frequency response is measured, with the sub in the air, so that there are no reflections from any surface, specifically the ground, that could influence the results. Welcome to the forum!!! \:\)
Posted By: Jared555 Re: I have to ask... - 06/24/08 01:07 PM
I assumed so, was joking :P
Posted By: Murph Re: I have to ask... - 06/24/08 01:46 PM
Just curious Axiom,

The Telco where I work has to hire licensed tower climbers (by law) to do any work on our cell towers. Is that tower high enough you have to do the same or would the regulations even be the same in Ontario?
Posted By: Debbie Re: I have to ask... - 06/24/08 09:04 PM
Hi Jared555, No you can't feel the subs on the ground, in fact you can barely hear it. We use walkie-talkies between the person in the lab and the one at the pole so that the person at the pole knows when the sweep is finished. We sweep at around 100 dB.

Debbie Swinton
Axiom Audio
Posted By: Ken.C Re: I have to ask... - 06/24/08 09:07 PM
Oh my god, it's another Axiom staffer. Are we going to be seeing a lot of you, Debbie? (not that that would be a bad thing, by any stretch of the imagination!) \:\)
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: I have to ask... - 06/24/08 09:10 PM
Maybe the Axiom staff has a post quota to fill by the end of the year.

More than likely, though, it's whoever drew the short straw for that day. With a pat on the shoulder, "It's your turn to talk to the animals."
Posted By: terzaghi Re: I have to ask... - 06/24/08 09:14 PM

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: I have to ask... - 06/24/08 09:50 PM
LOL! Thanks for the back-up.
© Axiom Message Boards