Axiom Home Page
Posted By: onn Canada Day Plans - 06/29/08 02:40 AM
I'm posting this to see if there are any special events happening on this day in your communities. The only thing that I can think of here in E-town is they turn on the waterfall.
Mel N.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Canada Day Plans - 06/29/08 02:50 AM
This is the official one.

"Bring on your national pride and explore the abundance of activities and musical entertainment all day long "Canadian Style" at the Waterfront at Downtown Burlington's Spencer Smith Park. Performances on 2 stages and children's activities throughout the day. At night, bring a blanket or lawn chair, then sit back to watch fireworks to the delightful sounds of the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra."

I find my neighbor's fireworks display is always a lot more exciting..........

.....beer and gunpowder is never a good mix.

please excuse the non-muppetmobile
Posted By: onn Re: Canada Day Plans - 06/29/08 02:57 AM
That sounds like a story in the making
Posted By: fredk Re: Canada Day Plans - 06/29/08 04:35 AM
 Quote:
please excuse the non-muppetmobile

Heres one for ya:

For Canada day I'm starting off with a round of golf with my dad. Later in the day we'll head up to Waterloo with my son (and maybe my daughter) for some kite flying, food munching, music and fireworks. They put on a really good show every year.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Canada Day Plans - 06/29/08 07:06 AM
Hopefully coaching my guys in our Western Division Championship in baseball...

We find out at Sunday's game if we end up 1st or second in our area.

Bren R.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Canada Day Plans - 06/29/08 08:06 AM
Hey fred,

You mean the fireworks at columbia lake? Yep, always a good show.

My wife has her mind set that we are going to drive to our nations capital to celebrate Canada Day this year. I'm kind of torn on the idea. It will be a good experience for the kids, but I'm not looking forward to the crowds, traffic, cost, etc..... Plus it's a 6 hour drive one way, so we'd have to stay overnight. When the final bill comes in, it will cost me approx a set of audiobytes and outdoor M3's!! But can I really put a price on it?!?!? ;\)
Posted By: fredk Re: Canada Day Plans - 06/29/08 02:10 PM
Thats the one Shawn. I started going back in the 80s when lived just around the corner while going to university.

Ottawa sounds pretty cool. I don't know how old your kids are, but its the kind of thing they might remember for a long time to come.
Posted By: Craig_P Re: Canada Day Plans - 06/29/08 11:40 PM
I live about 4 blocks South of the Parliament Buildings, so my Canada Day will involve battling the crowds just to move around my neighborhood. It's funny, most people wanna be right where I am for the day, whereas after being through 4 or 5 Canada Days here, ideally I'll escape the downtown core to somewhere more peaceful.
Posted By: fredk Re: Canada Day Plans - 07/01/08 09:58 AM
Happy Birthday Canada!!! Its gonna be a great day. Time with family, a little golf, a little music, some good food, and great fireworks to cap it all off.

I like it when a country gets another year older...
Posted By: onn Re: Canada Day Plans - 07/01/08 11:18 AM

I second the Happy Canada Day. Everyone have a safe and enjoyable day.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Canada Day Plans - 07/01/08 06:29 PM
Party on, eh?!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Canada Day Plans - 07/02/08 02:05 AM
Happy Canada Day, but does this mean that you don't have a 4th of July in Canada?
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Canada Day Plans - 07/02/08 02:07 AM
 Originally Posted By: JohnK
Happy Canada Day, but does this mean that you don't have a 4th of July in Canada?

Ya we just go right from July 3rd to July 5th, not unlike skipping the 13th floor on a hotel elevator keypad.

I'm into the second bottle of wine, third beer and first glass of port on the day, almost all at once, in the course of a few hours.
\:D
Posted By: JohnK Re: Canada Day Plans - 07/02/08 02:13 AM
Very good, chess; that was my straightline for Canadians for the year.
Posted By: fredk Re: Canada Day Plans - 07/02/08 03:55 AM
I think in the name of better north south relations we should celabrate both next year.
Posted By: onn Re: Canada Day Plans - 07/02/08 04:04 AM
A celebration from July 1st to the 4th
© Axiom Message Boards