Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Lampshade Diana Krall - 08/02/08 08:09 PM
Has anyone ever seen anywhere mention of her Paris concert ever coming out in Blu Ray?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Diana Krall - 08/02/08 09:55 PM
Nope, but I would be all over that like a fly on $h!~, wait I don't have a BluRay player yet. Funny, I'm listeing to her right now...
Posted By: Murph Re: Diana Krall - 08/05/08 01:08 PM
The DVD version is actually a pretty superior sounding product, just in case your on the fence deciding to buy or wait for BD.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Diana Krall - 08/05/08 01:30 PM
I agree, the dvd sounds awesome.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Diana Krall - 08/05/08 01:40 PM
Yep, I've had it for a few years, along with many others.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Diana Krall - 08/05/08 03:42 PM
I love a lot of the tracks. I wouldn't be able to pick a favorite but there is something about the last track. It is simple and beautiful and a little haunting.

Well, I guess I'm going to buy the DVD today and if it comes out on Blu Ray I'll just give the dvd to someone else.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Diana Krall - 08/06/08 05:59 PM
That last track, A Case Of You, is my absolute favorite Joni Mitchell song which can be found on her Blue album. I love Joni's version, but Diana's version is incredibly beautiful and touching. "I could drink a case of you,darlin', and I would still be on my feet, oh I would still be on my feet" Wonderful stuff!
Posted By: fredk Re: Diana Krall - 08/06/08 09:42 PM
Does the quality of the sound and the music extend to the Live in Paris CD? There were a couple of copies at my local used cd haunt.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Diana Krall - 08/07/08 01:11 AM
Ajax,
thank you for pointing that out. Blue will be my next purchase from Acoustic Sounds.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Diana Krall - 08/07/08 03:13 AM
Is she in any way related to Sub Crawl?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Diana Krall - 08/08/08 09:59 PM
 Originally Posted By: Lampshade
Ajax,
thank you for pointing that out. Blue will be my next purchase from Acoustic Sounds.

You're very welcome. Blue is my favorite Joni album. IMHO, it has a lot of really good songs on it.
Posted By: coldrick Re: Diana Krall - 08/18/08 10:52 AM
Ajax, I agree about "A Case of You". But man, "Cry Me a River" is equally fantastic for me. So good.

Regards,
David
Posted By: Ajax Re: Diana Krall - 08/21/08 06:12 PM
No argument. \:\)
© Axiom Message Boards