Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Worfzara I don't want to go to the movies! - 08/27/08 01:54 PM
I love movies!!! I have always been a bit of an audiofile and got hooked on movies when I was in highschool, (I had a part time job as an usher at the local movie theatre). Since I could see movies for free, that is mainly what we did for fun. Duing 1987 and 1991 I saw every movie in theatre basicly for free.

Today is my 14th wedding anniversary. I told my wife we would get a sitter and go out for dinner and take in a show. No problem finding a restaurant for dinner, lots to choose from there, but I looked at the local listings and can't find a film that I am willing to shell out big bucks for when I have a dedicated HT room at home. The only thing that interests me is Dark Night, but it's over 150 min long and I much rather see that in one of my very comfy chairs on my 120 inch projection screen. Not to mention there is now way I could make that entire film without running to the bathroom at least once, maybe twice.

Any suggestions???
Posted By: sonicfox Re: I don't want to go to the movies! - 08/27/08 02:29 PM
You GOTTA see "Star Wars: The Clone Wars"! HA! Only kidding! ;\) What's the point of this movie anyway?

I'd really like to see "Tropic Thunder"...though that would be another movie to enjoy in the comfort of your own home theater. If you like thrillers...maybe "Mirrors"?
Posted By: medic8r Re: I don't want to go to the movies! - 08/27/08 03:02 PM
 Originally Posted By: Worfzara
Not to mention there is now way I could make that entire film without running to the bathroom at least once, maybe twice.

Any suggestions???

You should go see Dark Knight, and here's how you can see the whole movie, all the way through, guaranteed. Just catheterize yourself and hide the bag under some sweat pants. Just strap it to your leg.

This technique was popular in medical school when one of the local bars had a flat cover, "all you can drink until the first person goes to the restroom" night. Somehow the Foley catheters and bags disappeared from the hospital faster those nights.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: I don't want to go to the movies! - 08/27/08 05:58 PM
Hey, my son and I liked the Clone Wars, but we are Star Wars freaks. \:\)
Posted By: Worfzara Re: I don't want to go to the movies! - 08/27/08 06:08 PM
[quote=sonicfox]You GOTTA see "Star Wars: The Clone Wars"! HA! Only kidding! ;\) What's the point of this movie anyway?

I think this (and I have not seen it) falls in the catagory of "just because you can make a movie like this, doesn't mean you should make a movie like this".

I am a huge Star Wars fan, I can even handle Jar Jar, (I had a bigger issue with the silly Ewoks in epsode VI, or was it III, no it was VI), but I think this one is one I wait for FOX network to play on the Sunday Afternoon Movie. They may even run some left over supperbowl commercials. LOL
Posted By: HomeDad Re: I don't want to go to the movies! - 08/27/08 06:16 PM
My kids loved the Clone Wars also, but I think it should have been a TV release.
Posted By: CV Re: I don't want to go to the movies! - 08/27/08 06:17 PM
Well, I think the series was generally considered a far superior experience than the prequels. I never watched it, and I'm not sure how the feature film fits in, but I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand. Still, I won't go to the theater for it.
Posted By: Murph Re: I don't want to go to the movies! - 08/28/08 07:27 PM
In 20 minutes I'm on vacation so I'm not going to spoil my mood by ranting about George Lucas's regression into childhood comparable to Ralph from The Simpsons.

© Axiom Message Boards