Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Wid Happy Labor Day - 09/01/08 09:27 AM

Happy Labor Day to all. We are having family over for some smoked brisket and turkey today. What are all of y'all doing on the holiday?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Happy Labor Day - 09/01/08 03:24 PM
Thanks Rick
We are planning to visit some friends who just moved into their new home this weekend, we went to a huge barbecue and pool party on Saturday and I'm still feeling some of the side effects. \:\)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Happy Labor Day - 09/01/08 03:34 PM
Happy Labor Day back atcha. Not doing anything here, unless someone has something planned that I don't know about.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Happy Labor Day - 09/01/08 03:34 PM
Happy Labor Day guys!

Went to a ballgame on Saturday with some friends--nice tailgate party. Yesterday, celebrated my niece's third birthday with a small family get together. Slated for today is some more rest and relaxation.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Happy Labor Day - 09/01/08 03:40 PM
Just got back from a couple of days of camping with the girlfriend. She out-fished me the whole weekend \:\(

Today we are just going to relax...
Posted By: CV Re: Happy Labor Day - 09/01/08 06:21 PM
I... went shopping on Saturday, and I haven't otherwise left the house. I was going to attempt writing a story today, but that may be a little ambitious, since I'm just getting up right now, and my creative juices are pooled in my feet.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Happy Labor Day - 09/01/08 06:29 PM
heading to Rick's pad... \:\)
Posted By: RickF Re: Happy Labor Day - 09/01/08 07:19 PM
Smoked brisket ... now we're talking, hope it comes out great for you Bubba!

Saturday morning the wife and I made an hour and a half trip in our boat south on the Intracoastal Waterway to Stuart where we met up with some friends from West Palm who brought their two boats up, we all docked our boats at the Marriott Resort on Hutchinson Island and stayed at the resort from Saturday until today (Monday) ... had an absolute blast, lots of drinks, food and great friends.

Hope everybody had a great Labor Day weekend and good luck to all of you folks along the Gulf coast.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Happy Labor Day - 09/01/08 08:33 PM
Happy Labor Day, my brothers and sisters!

Labor Day is an appropriate tribute to the same people who rought you the weekend - organized Labor Unions.

We celebrated with some friends last night; I hope to provide you the wonderful details in a separate thread.

Many of you already know that I am a proud union member and union employee. I urge you to consider the rich traditions in organizing and activism - and the parallel courage of the civil rights movement - that resulted in all of us having a paid day off today.

I wish we were together today to enjoy each other's company!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Happy Labor Day - 09/01/08 09:12 PM
Hey, we all TRIED to get together at your house, didn't we? \:\)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy Labor Day - 09/01/08 10:06 PM
Happy LD to all!

We went wine tasting, bought a couple whites -- we still find Virginia reds to be joke -- I just grilled some chicken that marinated since morning (while sipping a gin & tonic), and now it's time to eat!
Posted By: fredk Re: Happy Labor Day - 09/01/08 11:26 PM
Hope everyone had a good day. The weather up here was amazing. That makes 3 completely sunny days in a row: a record 'round here this summer.

My son and I went to the Science Center in Toronto and took in an IMAX film. Man thats a big sub they have for the theater! Still, they could use a second to really rumble and shake you.
Posted By: DaveG Re: Happy Labor Day - 09/02/08 01:21 PM
Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend.
© Axiom Message Boards