Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack Hack your laptop battery to save some $$$ - 09/23/08 07:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtqRvAu71Gw
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hack your laptop battery to save some $$$ - 09/23/08 07:44 PM
I don't think I'd do it myself, but it's always nice to be reminded that it's all just like plumbing when you break it down.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hack your laptop battery to save some $$$ - 09/23/08 08:22 PM
Seems slightly insane, but still cool.
I figured you insane dudes would like it. ;\)
Many in video production have been doing this for years. Many of the $600 battery packs out there are just a handful of "C" or "D" batteries and the "packs" that are sold routinely go for $200~$800 apiece.

People used to freak out when they were told that my Sony battery and charger system was $4K.....
Posted By: BrenR Re: Hack your laptop battery to save some $$$ - 09/25/08 08:33 AM
My favorite Video Guy trick is to revive lead acid "chocolate bars"... run a dead battery in serial in a high draw 12V circuit... ie... a car battery and starter.

I'm a battery nazi... I used to work on RC Cars... those motors are tuned to run out a perfectly charged and looked after pack in 3 mins, 30 seconds... nothing worse than running 2 mins, 50 seconds of a 3 minute race.

Bren R.
© Axiom Message Boards