Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 06:41 PM
A little note to those of you who have 'known' me over the years - today is my last day working at Axiom (or probably more accurately my last day being paid for working at Axiom!) I will be bowing out of my day-to-day responsibilities at the factory and concentrating on our family.

It has been a wonderful 8 years! I've so enjoyed getting to know so many of you through the message boards, emails, and a rare but cherished group of you in person. I continue to be amazed at just how wonderful virtual friends can be.

Ongoing, James Savard - 'Axiom' on the boards - will be taking over my duties. While I am most certain I will be checking in, I won't be arranging auditions or the like - James will be taking care of all of those things, and can be reached via PM or email.

My Axiom email account will remain active, and I hope to meet all of you at the Axiom 30th Anniversary party in 2010. (Couldn't resist starting a rumour on my way out the door . . .)

Thank you all for making this a fantastic place to work and for helping to grow a community we can all be proud of. I appreciate each of you more than you can know.

Until we 'meet' again!

Amie
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 06:50 PM
We'll be missing you. You sure could get things done when customers (us) needed it!
Good luck in this new chapter in your life!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 06:52 PM
Amie,

I am very sad to hear this news, but I'm sure your reasons are justified and the right decision. I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me through the years. I want to wish you the best on your future ventures.

God Bless you and your family....

Randy
Posted By: Ken.C Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 07:13 PM
Thank you for everything, Amie! We're going to miss you.

--Ken
Posted By: myrison Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 07:16 PM
Thanks Amie, enjoy the extra time with the family. We'll still enjoy hearing from you from time to time here! Don't be a stranger.

Jason
Posted By: jakewash Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 07:17 PM
Sad to hear it Amie, I hope we will still hear from you on the forum occasionally.
Posted By: SRoode Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 07:27 PM
Amie, all it means is that your name turns from red to blue!

I hope you stay active as a poster on this board.

Thanks for everything!

Steve
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 07:29 PM
I've observed several times how happy it makes me that I found the Axiom forum for an online home. The camaraderie and kindness that infuse this place did not happen by accident; the environment remains a direct reflection of the friendliness and graciousness of its founding family.

Amie, I will miss you. It has been a rich blessing to be part of your community. I wish you and your family a happy and joyful future.
Posted By: Amie Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 07:38 PM
Thank you all so much! Your kind words really mean the world to me.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 07:54 PM
Sad news! But at least it's for good reason...I hope you still pop on the boards occasionally!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 08:04 PM
Amie,

The warmth of your character has always imbued your posts here with a quality that transcends pixels. \:\) It was a pleasure to share this little corner of the internet with you these past five and a half years. You will be missed!
Amie, as someone who "works all the time", I'm not going to be sad about this, though I WILL miss you! Rather, I'm excited for you!

You know, you can drop by here as a "regular" person now and then just to say "hi"(not that anyone here is really a regular person)!!??

What Tom (so eloquently) said! The fact that this community is as amazing as it is is due to the people at the top!

Good Luck, Peace and Happiness with all your ventures.... but not goodbye!
Posted By: Haoleb Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 08:16 PM
Its been nice to have you around on the boards over the years Amie, your prescence will be missed!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 08:16 PM
As long as she does not change her screen name to slownlo or spellingbot. \:\)
Posted By: HomeDad Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 08:21 PM
We will all miss you Amie, hope all goes well and don't be a stranger.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 08:50 PM
Man. I still don't even think that I've ever seen a picture of you besides the back of your head for the now famous "10,000 posts" award threads....

You will be missed.

PS. If you are ever in Des Moines, Iowa, look SirQuack and I up.
Posted By: Wid Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 10:29 PM
Here's to wishing you all the best Amie. Sad to see you go though \:\(
Posted By: BrenR Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 11:01 PM
Wow, what to say... it's me, so it should be something crass but I just can't muster anything. Your personality will be missed.

Bren R.
Posted By: RickF Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 11:31 PM
Thanks for everything you've done for us along the way Amie and good look with your future endeavors ... be sure to stop by and check on us from time to time, you know some of 'em can get downright rowdy at times and my need a watchful eye.

Next time your in Vero, be sure to stop by!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 11:48 PM
Amie, I'm sad to see you leaving the Axiom side of things and your presence on the boards will be missed. Your family is lucky to have you, especially since you "cleared off your plate" to spend more time with them. And, we are lucky too, to have been able to partake and share in this cozy little corner of the internet with you.

Please, stop by and say hi to us every once in a while!
Posted By: a401classic Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/10/08 11:51 PM
Though I will miss seeing your posts, I can attest to the benefits of having mom home with the family; my wife "retired" from her teaching job 11 years ago when our second was born, and is just now getting back to teaching by subbing a day here and there. I say retired with tongue-in-cheek because she works harder as mom than when she was just teaching. A short day is 14h.
We have 15, 11, and 5 at home and all are on honor roll. The eldest is a Life Scout working on Eagle, and 11 is changing rank faster than his brother did. My wife is Committee Chair for the Boy Scout Troop as well as Roundtable Chair for the local Cub Scouts - of which we have none anymore. I'd like to think to think I had something to do with their success, other than the obvious, but it's all her.

Enjoy your time with the family because it goes by in a blink. Best of luck on your new endeavor!

Scott
Posted By: chesseroo Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/11/08 12:01 AM
ditto to all the aforementioned comments of eloquence
(i have a broken knuckle and cannot type my usual ten pager)

All the best Amie and yes, we do plan on making another visit to the factory hopefully in the near future. Perhaps you could time your visit to the factory at the same time, since it would be expected that you will no longer greet us at the door.
Will James now provide the big first smile and free perfume samples?

Posted By: tomtuttle Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/11/08 12:20 AM
I think Amie should make an appearance as Special Guest Moderator on certain festive days. \:\)
Posted By: chesseroo Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/11/08 01:25 AM
 Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
I think Amie should make an appearance as Special Guest Moderator on certain festive days. \:\)

Like Fridays, Hump day (Wednesdays), Grump days (Monday) and the nothing-better-to-do-but-post-in-forums Sundays.
But that's it.
That's all i would ask for.
Posted By: fredk Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/11/08 02:17 AM
Chess \:D Though, you did miss lunch reports, but I guess thats a special event.

Quote:
Enjoy your time with the family because it goes by in a blink.

That about says it all. It seems like just yesterday that my daughter was born, yet she is only 2 years away from higher education.
Posted By: grunt Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/11/08 02:52 AM
Bye Amie,

Glad to hear you will be able to spend more time with your real family but know that your virtual family will miss you.

Cheers,
Dean
Posted By: JohnK Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/11/08 03:46 AM
Really enjoyed your contributions to the board over the years Amie, and will miss you.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/11/08 03:48 AM
Amie, you can't leave me here with all these guys! ;\) With all sincerity, I will miss your posts. \:\( Please drop by here from time to time...if anything, just to check up on us. Thanks for all the years of making this board a nice and friendly place to visit.
Posted By: CV Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/11/08 04:01 AM
 Originally Posted By: Amie
While I am most certain I will be checking in, I won't be arranging auditions or the like - James will be taking care of all of those things, and can be reached via PM or email.

Here's hoping you really do check in... and often. Congratulations on what I'm calling your retirement! Naturally, you'll have to stop by just to update us on your evolving golf game.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/11/08 04:19 AM
They can play golf on the tundra? :P
Posted By: CV Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/11/08 04:21 AM
Isn't the tundra gone yet?
Posted By: HAY Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/11/08 04:46 AM
Didn't think I would see this day...when I think of Axiom your face and name is always right there.

I was lucky enough to meet you at the 25th picnic, chat through emails and a couple of times on the phone. Ian and you prove that good things happen to good people, the nice guy/gal doesn't finish last and to enjoy what you do.

Thank you for everything you've done for me and I hope to see you around the boards or Northern Ontario. The leaves were just starting to turn last time I was up and I won't be going to North Bay until Nov. 8th for my sister-in-laws wedding...so I will have missed them again.

I've been to the factory 4 times and would love to go again for another picnic/get together. It's funny how connected you can feel to the people on the boards and how they become part of your life.

I didn't see any info on why you are stepping away, and I hope it is something positive. I got the impression it was but I will take that offline.

Take care and keep warm, the Canadian winters coming!
Posted By: DaveG Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/11/08 11:09 AM
Sorry to see you go, enjoy your fammily and best wishes on any new endevours.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/11/08 05:12 PM
Hi Amie,
First off congratulations on your "demotion" :).

Secondly it was so nice to meet you and Ian this summer. The tour of the factory was very informative and entertaining, but the real strength of Axiom is in it's people, they are second to none and obviously this starts with the people at the top. You were gratious, charming and added so much to my day.

Enjoy your time away from the factory and I do expect to see you in 2010.

Cheers

Wayne
Posted By: terzaghi Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/12/08 04:02 AM
hope to hear from you still!
Posted By: LT61 Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/12/08 04:30 AM
Good luck, and may God bless.
Posted By: Murph Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/14/08 02:15 PM
Congratulations Amy!!

I'd love to retire into just taking care of my family. Even if that just consists of our dog and two cats.

Thanks for your help in the past and we look forward to your occasional visit back on the board.

Andrew
Posted By: Ajax Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/21/08 09:42 PM
Oh Amie! I missed this thread and I already miss you. Your sense of humor is a delight. I still hope that one day our paths will cross, and I'll have to the chance to shake your hand. All the best to you and Ian.
Posted By: avdude Re: A fond farewell to some good friends - 10/29/08 03:23 PM
I also missed this post.... It was a pleasure to meet you last summer when I came to the factory for my tour and to pickup my speaker. Enjoy your new endevour and please keep us informed of the "rumoured" 30th aniversary party!!!!

Avdude
© Axiom Message Boards