Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson To all Veterans..... - 11/11/08 10:58 PM
The recent elections reminded me of some of the things that make this country great....

Despite some negativity in the campaign, everyone enjoyed their free speech. The turnout at the polls was amazing. Our process, not just the outcome, has been cheered worldwide.

It's you men and women that have served to protect these freedoms, our country in general and much of the rest of the world that are due a "thanks". Today in particular, though I wished it happened more on an everyday basis.

Thank You for your service whether recent or long ago, whether you saw lots of action or none. You stepped up and did the right thing while others did not, or could not, do so. And it's appreciated.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: To all Veterans..... - 11/11/08 11:08 PM
Could not have said it any better!
Posted By: Wid Re: To all Veterans..... - 11/11/08 11:16 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
The recent elections reminded me of some of the things that make this country great....

Despite some negativity in the campaign, everyone enjoyed their free speech. The turnout at the polls was amazing. Our process, not just the outcome, has been cheered worldwide.

It's you men and women that have served to protect these freedoms, our country in general and much of the rest of the world that are due a "thanks". Today in particular, though I wished it happened more on an everyday basis.

Thank You for your service whether recent or long ago, whether you saw lots of action or none. You stepped up and did the right thing while others did not, or could not, do so. And it's appreciated.

Thanks Mark, much appreciated and a thanks to those before me and those after me.

U.S. Navy 1976 to 1980.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: To all Veterans..... - 11/11/08 11:51 PM
Nicely said, Mark. My appreciation goes out to those who've served, as well.
Posted By: Ajax Re: To all Veterans..... - 11/11/08 11:57 PM
Truly eloquent, Mark. I'm grateful for the recognition (U.S Army 1968 - 1970; Vietnam 1970), and would like to echo Wid's thanks to all who served before and after.
Posted By: SRoode Re: To all Veterans..... - 11/12/08 12:20 AM
True heroes. Thanks to all U.S. Vets, as well as allied Vets.
Posted By: lhulls Re: To all Veterans..... - 11/12/08 12:23 AM
God bless Canada and her veterans, past, present & future. We’re all grateful!!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: To all Veterans..... - 11/12/08 02:43 AM
One could say draftees deserve the most blessings, but to have volunteered is truly admirable.

Thanks, one and all.
Posted By: JohnK Re: To all Veterans..... - 11/12/08 03:02 AM
With thanks to our veterans here and elsewhere, and in memory of those who gave their lives.
Very nice Mark, and thanks to everyone for the support. My respect goes out to all the veterans and those who support them, so happy Veterans’ Day, Remembrance Day and Armistice Day to everyone.

USNR 1979-1980
USMC 1981-1989
WIARNG 1990-1994
USAF 2003-2006
AZANG 2006-Prestent

Cheers,
Dean
Mark - thanks for starting this thread. I truly could not agree more.

My thanks as well to all who have served. I could never do what you do and am glad there are people like you in the world that allow the rest of us to sleep soundly at night.

Jason
I take my freedom for granted 99% of the time, so I'm glad when days like this come around and remind me I'm only living in such comfort and free from oppression because of the sacrifices of others. Thanks to everyone who has served.
My thanks to all vets.
Nicely done folks. A heartfelt thanks to all who served and supported our troops and all my best to those who continue to do so.
© Axiom Message Boards