Axiom Home Page
Posted By: terzaghi Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon - 11/16/08 07:46 PM
Rented this on bluray from netflix and WOW! This cartoon has amazing visuals, killer sound, and a pretty good plot. The plot is definitely a starwars cartoon plot and not a starwars movie plot but it is still very good. You get to meet Jabba the Hutt's son and Uncle in the cartoon too!

I suggest anyone who likes star wars to check this out for sure!
Posted By: CV Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon - 11/16/08 08:17 PM
I was scared because of the Blu-ray.com review, but I don't think the reviewer was ready to take it for what it was. I think you're right in that it can't be seen as a real Star Wars movie. I will have to check it out for myself.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon - 11/16/08 08:56 PM
Yeah, metacritic gave it a score of 35...

If you go into it realizing that it is a CARTOON I think you will love it. I think all of the people who reviewed the movie were expecting a seventh star wars movie or something...
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon - 11/16/08 09:11 PM
I've been watching the Clone Wars on the cartoon network in HD with the kids every Friday, it is done exactly like the cartoon movie, very well done and enjoyable Imo.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon - 11/16/08 10:35 PM
I was wondering about that... I don't think I have cartoon network in HD.. I'll have to check out what channels/times it does come on though.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon - 11/17/08 01:59 AM
OK, I was just thinking about this this morning after I woke up from a dream about having force powers:

Why couldn't Luke use Jabba as a basketball? Dude lifted an X-Wing out of a swamp. C'mon.
Posted By: CV Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon - 11/17/08 02:02 AM
The same reason he couldn't use the mind trick on him. He's resistant to Force manipulation. Right?
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon - 11/17/08 02:03 AM
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Why couldn't Luke use Jabba as a basketball? Dude lifted an X-Wing out of a swamp. C'mon.

Probably because of the stink. It's hard to concentrate.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon - 11/17/08 02:07 AM
He's a solid object. He can't be that resistant to the force. So he's got good willpower--that doesn't prevent him from being used like a basketball.
Posted By: CV Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon - 11/17/08 02:10 AM
I always justified the lack of living beings being levitated around as them being a part of the Force and all that, so it makes them too slippery to hold with the Force. Ha ha.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon - 11/17/08 02:12 AM
If you can force push a living being, you can lift a living being.

Also, Obiwan is totally a Sith.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon - 11/17/08 02:13 AM
Well... greased pigs are hard to catch, so you may have put your finger on the mental equivalent. Yuck!
Posted By: CV Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon - 11/17/08 02:18 AM
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
If you can force push a living being, you can lift a living being.

That doesn't necessarily translate. The Force push could be pushing the air in front of the target.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon - 11/17/08 03:13 AM
What matters is the thread count of the force pushee's clothing. Since Jabba's is zero, he cannot be made to bounce.
Posted By: CV Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon - 11/17/08 04:11 AM
I guess Luke just needs to stop being a wuss and increase his physical strength in order to dribble Jabba. Really, though, the Death Star seems like it would be better in a game of basketball.
I have the new season unwatched on my Tivo. Haven't spent time on it yet. Hope to catch up on the holiday break, including watching the movie.

However, I do have the DVDs for the original animated Clone Wars that aired as 5 minute shorts on Cartoon Network. I actually prefer the simpler animation of that series. Doesn't seem as CGI. Just my preference.
Posted By: Murph Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon - 11/17/08 01:50 PM
Oldskoolboarder....oldschooltooner....
heh heh.

For that remark, I'll make fun of myself.
I only ever saw about two of the original 5 minutes episodes. Before the PVR arrived, my TV viewing was thin and erratic. Every time I'd see it in the Guide, I'd tune in but it was already over. I didn't realize it was just shorts and gave up, thinking my guide was screwing with me. Finally caught one on time and it ended after five minutes and there was a bunch of cursing and swearing, beginning with an involuntary "W.T.F. ???"
© Axiom Message Boards