Axiom Home Page
My oldest son's 4th grade class is doing a little project, and I thought it would be cool if my Axiom buddies would be willing to help out. This is totally voluntary and I won't hold a grudge. \:\)

Anyway, the class is doing a 50 State postcard project in conjuction with their social studies unit on regions of the United States. The kids are seeking help from friends and family across the US, and asking them to send a postcard that will show something about their State or community.

On the back, you could tell us something about where you live and any other info that might be valuable. Please include on the postcard the name of the student who contacted you, Jacob.

The class is anxious to learn as much as possible about the great states of the US!

Again, this is totally optional, so if you have time to help it would be great.

If interested, just send me a PM, an I'll give you my address.

Thanks, Randy
Do you need one from Iowa, or are you going to mail that one to yourself?
I've got Iowa wrapped up, thanks Nick. \:\)
Oh, sure... leave us Canadians out...

Bren R.
Randy,

I’ll be happy to send one from the great state of Arizona (shoulda stayed a territory mumble mumble).

PM sent,
Dean
Randy, I'll help out!

California is a big state with lots of people! So many, in fact, I will ship some to Iowa with my postcard. Maybe Ken will be included as a bonus.
I forgot Monoprice.com was based out of Rancho Cucamonga. I think that would be good information to include on the postcard.
I'll take a picture of the warehouse and send it as a postcard.
Thanks guys, I forgot to mention there is no huge rush. I think right now they are studying the NE part of the US....
I'll cover the great state of the President elect Obama
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
Thanks guys, I forgot to mention there is no huge rush. I think right now they are studying the NE part of the US....

Oh, they're already in Florida? I'll get that postcard sent out to yous ASAP Randy.

\:\)
Did Florida detach and move Northwards? Whohoo, maybe now I can make my first trip to Disney World.
 Originally Posted By: Murph
Did Florida detach and move Northwards?

No, actually I believe it was the other way around Murph. ;\)

I can send a post card from wisconsin.
I was going to offer Illinois, but Wid beat me to it. ;\)

If there isn't anyone from Missouri that wants to volunteer, I'm heading to St. Louis this weekend for some Holiday shopping. I could pick up a Missouri post card and mail it from there. Perhaps not exactly in the spirit of the project, but if it's a state you need....
Hey Pete, so far no bites from MO, I'll PM my address. That would be great if you have time....thanks, Randy
I can send Virginia - lots of Civil War history here. My house is on/near battlefields, ackshully...

Randy, shoot me a PM and it's yours.
Randy, if you want I can send you a postcard from the only landmark in the area of Central Ca. that I live near. The famouse Tehachapi loop. \:\) Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
PM me your address. I'll get one in the mail.
I'll take care of NY. P.M. me the address.
I'll send Indiana when I get back home next week... I'll pick a postcard up at the airport on Tuesday, and mail it out Wednesday.

P.M. me the address

Edit... Shoot, I can send you North Carolina too (where I'm working now)... I can pick up both in one day.
Thanks everyone for your help!
 Originally Posted By: RickF
 Originally Posted By: Murph
Did Florida detach and move Northwards?

No, actually I believe it was the other way around Murph. ;\)

At first I was confused but I assume that you are joking about the fact that everyone north of there moves to Florida for the winter. Certainly true of lots of people I know here in up in he North East of your North East.
Randy--

I'm good for TX! PM me the address and I'll get one out from Austin. Since TX is so large, we're probably really about 4 or 5 states (hey, I grew up in CT, so TX is about 50 of those!), and I'm sure you can get more from other areas as well.

Oh, and since we know Tom is such a nice guy, I'll go ahead and sign him up for Washington. ;\)

Take care,
Rich
Thanks Rich, I'll send you a PM, my son will love the TX cards... \:\)

Card sent.
Randy,

Just mailed out North Carolina and Indianapolis, IN.

Hope Jacob enjoys them!

Steve
Thanks a bunch, Dean from AZ was the first one to arrive. Kinda cool seeing Jacob get all excited when he gets mail. \:\)
Another card is in the mail.
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
Thanks a bunch, Dean from AZ was the first one to arrive. Kinda cool seeing Jacob get all excited when he gets mail. \:\)

Glad to see it got there before Thanksgiving Randy. When I was stationed in West Africa in the Marine Corps we use to get a packet of letters from grade school children from the Midwest and South every year around Christmas. We always made a point to send them a thank you note with a picture of the Detachment since we thought it was important to support those people who still cared about us post Vietnam. Often the teachers would write back saying how thrilled the kids were to hear back from us and I even ended up having a few of the kids as pen pals for years. So I’m glad our little Axiom community can help Jacob out.
I bought mine today. It'll go out tomorrow... though it won't go anywhere till Friday!
Mine went out a few days ago, should be arriving soon.
Michael, checking out your cards right now, very interesting. Even I'm learning a few things with this project. \:\)
© Axiom Message Boards