Axiom Home Page
Posted By: myrison Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 02:28 PM
Is it just me, or has the third icon from the left in the "full reply screen" (the one you use to insert an image) been broken for months and months?

I've just ignored it (once I figured out that I needed it to insert an image), but now I'm wondering if it is a problem on my computer or if it's really a broken link. Seems like if it really was broken for this long, someone would have fixed it. ;\)

From what I can tell, this is the address it points to, which when I pull up, is indeed a broken link.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/images/markup_panel/default/image.gif
Posted By: Ajax Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 03:11 PM
I'm using IE, and when I click on that icon I get a bar at the top of the page asking if I want to allow this web site to run a script. When I tell it "yes," I get the appropriate pop-up window with the address box for the URL of the image I wish to post. So, I guess, for me, it's working properly. Although, the icon itself doesn't look right.

It looks like this , instead of this

On the other hand, often, when I click the "Preview Post" button I get a "Preview Loading" indication and the green line moves slowly across but never completes it's journey and the preview never loads. If I then click the "Send" button, the same thing occurs - green line that hangs about half way across forever. However, if I close my browser and then reopen it, and return to the forum, I find that my post did make it into the thread. Weird.

This doesn't happen every time I try to make a post, just more often than I'd like (50% of the time? )
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 03:13 PM

Works for me! FireFox 3.0.4
Posted By: Ajax Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 03:17 PM
Show off!!

(...and stop that noodling!)

;\)
Posted By: medic8r Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 03:35 PM
Y'know, I had never noticed that. I just thought that that was what the image looked like!

Now I know mine's broken. *sigh*
Posted By: myrison Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 05:20 PM
Well, at least it's not just me. \:\) I'm on Firefox 3.0.4 as well, Windows XP Media edition.

Mark, are you on Windows or a Mac?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 05:21 PM
Looks fine to me in FF3 on both PC and Mac. Looks like the old Netscape image icon.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 05:21 PM
Windoze XP Pro....
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 06:07 PM
looks like the broken link image for me. IE v 7.05730.11
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 06:07 PM
works for me IE7
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 07:17 PM
I've noticed that 'broken' image link for a long time now. It's been broken for so long that I'm in the same boat as Medic8r - I just assumed it was the way it was. Never bothered to speak up about it!

I'm using Firefox 3.0.4, and it doesn't work on either XP Pro SP3 or Vista HPE SP1. I don't have IE 7 on this PC, but I do still have 6.0.29 ......... no dice. Shows up 'broken' there too.

I have an iPhone 3G too...... nope, just like the others, busted.

Posted By: grunt Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 07:30 PM
Works fine for me with IE7 on XP. Don’t even get the popup as I have Axiom set as a trusted site.

Originally Posted By: Ajax

On the other hand, often, when I click the "Preview Post" button I get a "Preview Loading" indication and the green line moves slowly across but never completes it's journey and the preview never loads. If I then click the "Send" button, the same thing occurs - green line that hangs about half way across forever. However, if I close my browser and then reopen it, and return to the forum, I find that my post did make it into the thread. Weird.

That also happen to me but only very occasionally. Hitting the back button and then re-clicking on "Preview Post" or "Send" takes care of it for me.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 08:31 PM
It's not a broken link on my iPhone. I can see how people might think it was, but it's not broken.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 09:49 PM
The lin is fine. WE are "broken."
Posted By: Ajax Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 09:51 PM
 Originally Posted By: grunt
That also happen to me but only very occasionally. Hitting the back button and then re-clicking on "Preview Post" or "Send" takes care of it for me.

Oh THANK YOU, Grunt. Now all I have to do is remember to do that.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 10:04 PM
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
It's not a broken link on my iPhone. I can see how people might think it was, but it's not broken.

It may be working for you on your iPhone, but it's definitely a broken link on mine. \:\(

To borrow Ajax's links, it looks exactly like this , not

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 10:07 PM
But that's not a broken link. If that was a broken link, it would have a little jaggy through it. Jack, where did you get that other one?
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 10:12 PM
But that's not a broken link. If that was a broken link, it would have a little jaggy through it. Jack, where did you get that other one?

See "Broken Pic in Netscape"
http://www.pageresource.com/trouble/timage.htm

That's the same image I'm seeing but without the tear. I agree, not precisely the same 'bad image' graphic. I see your point and I suspect the problem is that it *looks* like an invalid image but in fact it isn't. My brain sees the shapes and immediately just thinks it's an invalid image. But still different than the little mountain that it used to be.

Doesn't really matter that much, though, as the image tool works just fine. Just a weird icon. ;\)

Posted By: Ajax Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 10:27 PM

I got this one directly from the Axiom Posting Form. I got this one from another forum. I'm pretty sure it is the same image that used to be on the Axiom Posting form.

As I said, in my post, the link does work correctly for me, but the image isn't showing correctly.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Broken image link on this forum - 11/24/08 10:29 PM
To prove to yourself that it's not a broken link or the incorrect image, right-click on the image button and save the image to your desktop. It should be called image.gif. If you open it, it will look just like what you see on the Axiom forum.
© Axiom Message Boards