Axiom Home Page
Posted By: fmowry Owner location section of message board? - 03/18/03 01:27 PM
Since many people like to hear speakers before making a purchase, can we make a section on the forum so that potential Axiom owners can audition speakers from owners local to them? This would be especially useful to U.S. customers since they aren't available at retail stores in the U.S. That would help both axiom and potential customers from wasting money on shipping if by chance they don't like the sound and want to return a purchase.

I'm in Baltimore, MD, and just got my M22s. If anyone wants to check them out, drop me an email.

I know you can find a person's location in their member info but many people don't fill this section in.

Frank
great idea. i'm in pembroke, massachsetts.
dan
Posted By: pipy Re: Owner location section of message board? - 03/26/03 05:48 AM
I am in Cudahy WI. and you are all invited to come!!!!!!!!
Posted By: fmowry Re: Owner location section of message board? - 03/26/03 11:37 AM
Glad to see people jumping on. We're getting a lot of "What should I buy?" questions and the best way, especially for us without local showrooms with Axioms would be to audition them in a closer to real world environment.

Keep 'em coming.

Frank
I'm in Montreal
Posted By: Pinoy Re: Owner location section of message board? - 03/26/03 03:45 PM
I am in Kansas City, Missouri
Davenport, Iowa
cool idea, I'm sure many people would be interested, especially since I'm in Hyderabad, India and I'm real sure that nobody else has the Axioms in this big country!! All are most welcome to contact me.
Axiom owner as of last Friday. (m22, vp150, qs8) East Nortport, New York.
Posted By: duffin Re: Owner location section of message board? - 03/31/03 04:58 PM
Buffalo, NY
Posted By: Zarak Re: Owner location section of message board? - 04/03/03 01:09 AM
King Of Prussia, PA
Ontario, Canada

I never get political, but just an aside to all the Americans here - not all of us Canadians agree with our government's position on the war. Regardless of our feelings on the reasons why you are there, you have always been our friends - and you don't bail on friends. Sorry.

For anyone interested, you can read more here: http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/04/04/usrally_030404
Posted By: Yates28 Re: Owner location section of message board? - 04/05/03 04:23 PM
Riverview New Brunswick Canada

Diddo!
Posted By: fhw Re: Owner location section of message board? - 04/07/03 04:05 AM
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Posted By: wbwatts Re: Owner location section of message board? - 04/08/03 06:03 PM
Elizabethtown, Kentucky

M60, VP150, QS8, M3ti
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Owner location section of message board? - 04/08/03 06:06 PM
In reply to:

I never get political, but just an aside to all the Americans here - not all of us Canadians agree with our government's position on the war. Regardless of our feelings on the reasons why you are there, you have always been our friends - and you don't bail on friends. Sorry.

A man after my own heart.
And if your "friend' were to hold up a bank because they felt the bank ripped them off would you back them up with that as well?

People have different morals, friends or not.
There is a limit to one's 'backing' up a friend. If there is a difference in opinion, a real 'friend' would have to respect that choice. Respecting that choice is the pinnacle of democracy. The alternative is not accepting one's choice and enforcing opinion onto others.

I'm in Manassas, VA.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Owner location section of message board? - 04/09/03 01:58 AM
In reply to:

The alternative is not accepting one's choice and enforcing opinion onto others.

Also known as voting, the TRUE pinnacle of democracy.
Posted By: fhw Re: Owner location section of message board? - 04/09/03 02:03 AM
Do we really need to go down this road?

Look, lively discussion is one thing, but a "post your hometown" thread in a speaker manufacturer's online forum is hardly the place to debate the morality of war in Iraq. As proud as Canadians are of their righteous opposition to the invasion of Iraq, there is a sizeable portion of the American public also very much opposed to war...in fact, that segment of the American public outnumbers the entire population of Canada. Conversely, spend some time in a military city, and you will discover just how much support there is for the war among Canadians, notwithstanding the claims of business leaders and Steven Harper (which could be fairly interpreted as political grandstanding).

I am willing to wager that a person's opinion on the war will in no way reflect whether they prefer the accuracy of the M22 or the easy-going sound of the M3. For the sake of what a discussion on morality and war can degenerate into, let's please just drop the subject before it turns into insults.
Posted By: MarkT Re: Owner location section of message board? - 04/09/03 02:23 AM
fhw,

I'll second that. Thanks for speaking so directly!

Mark
Sorry Guys, didn't mean to start all this. In retrospect, you are right - this is not the place. Like I said, I NEVER get political. Shouldn't have started this time.

OK, back to speakers - I love my M80's!
Posted By: Saturn Re: Owner location section of message board? - 04/09/03 04:55 AM
Bringing up political views on a stereo speaker forum ... priceless
For everything else theres Mastercard.

Too bad my Mastercard is maxed out to buy that VP150.
Damn Kimbers

Where did the "Wall of Fame" go? I was there looking at pictures of various systems a few days ago - now I can't find it.
Posted By: MarkT Re: Owner location section of message board? - 04/09/03 11:46 AM
Here you go:

http://www.axiomaudio.com/wallofame.html
Posted By: sushi Re: Owner location section of message board? - 04/09/03 11:46 AM
Seriously, I think it is a fabulous idea to create an official "AudioEnvy" type of section within the Axiom web site. Should be technically pretty easy...

What do you think, Amie? I know you are listening.
And how about a forum for the best CD's/DVD's when showing off your system?

I will ususally pull out:
Simple - Collective Soul
Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
Bang a Gong - The Power Station
Anything off The Commitments Soundtrack
Hail Caesar - AC/DC
And tons more I'll post later

I love any type of music that has been WELL recorded and engineered.

© Axiom Message Boards