Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV Goodbye to MDF? - 11/26/08 05:02 AM
Elemental Designs - The Move to EFS

What do you think?
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Goodbye to MDF? - 11/26/08 05:10 AM
I asked Dr. Google about it, and the only references I could find about EFS were tied back to Elemental Designs... AVS has a thread about it where ED claims a 2-3dB gain, but they have pretty much shot that down. Who knows. If it really is good stuff, everyone will switch, unless it costs twice as much, but if it is even close and there are benefits to it, you will hear more about it.

I also don't think that EFS is really a specific material. By that I mean that MDF is MDF. There are some specifics in making the product. E.D. says that they use AN Environmentally Friendly Substrate, which tells me that they are many choices. Kind of like when I have AN RTT... Really Tasty Taco... I don't say which taco (Taco Bell, Taco John's, La Casa Del Taco, or whatever), and for all anyone knows, it was some taco tv dinner crap. Alright, I'm tired and going to bed...

EDIT:
Maybe I should just stop by there and see what is the big deal since they are 30 minutes from my house....

On second thought, I'm not that interested and have too much other stuff to do right now. I'll be lazy and let someone else figure it all out.
Posted By: CV Re: Goodbye to MDF? - 11/26/08 05:12 AM
Ha ha, sounds good.
Posted By: CV Re: Goodbye to MDF? - 11/26/08 05:19 AM
I found this thread, at least:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1081707
Posted By: jakewash Re: Goodbye to MDF? - 11/26/08 05:25 AM
I found this on EFS MDF.

link
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Goodbye to MDF? - 11/26/08 12:22 PM
Mmmmmm....R.T.T........

© Axiom Message Boards