Axiom Home Page
Posted By: fredk There is nuts and then there is... - 12/10/08 06:55 AM
These two!
Posted By: fredk Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/10/08 07:19 AM
This guy is jst as nuts!!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/10/08 07:33 AM
That's a pretty amazing story about those two kids. You gotta hand it to 'em for daring such a feat and pulling it off.

As for the other dude, I'm thankful I've been blessed with the ability to be thrilled by nothing more than board games like Monopoly or Risk. I must've been standing in the wrong line when they were passing out adrenaline-junkie genes.
Posted By: fredk Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/10/08 07:37 AM
I was a bit of an adrenaline-junkie when I was younger. I did a lot of out of bounds powder skiing in the rockies. I have run a few avalanche chutes so I have a bit of a sense for what the second guy did. He is way nuts!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/10/08 07:38 AM
Yeah, no thanks! I'm much happier finding some ski bunny with nice buns and follow her down an intermediate trail.
Posted By: Murph Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/10/08 03:04 PM
I remember the first time I had huge 'accidental' air time because somebody F---ed around with a trail sign back during my high school ski trip to Quebec City. Were it not for a very fluffy landing, I'd probably be dead or permanently disabled in some way. After the fear was gone, it did actually serve to hook me on high adrenaline sports though. I learned to ski-jump properly, ski dive and started competing in martial arts.

There is absolutely no artificial substitute for the high you can get from skydiving. It lasts 24 hours and doesn't get you arrested. Everyone should experience this at least once in their lifetime.
Posted By: fredk Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/10/08 03:53 PM
I chickened out on Sky-diving. My Ex did 25 jumps. I like to stay attached to the ground (more or less). I did do some white water kyaking (punching through a 10' standing wave was a rush).

I would still love to learn to fly a mirolite just to experience flight up close and personal.

I never did any accidental cliff drops thank goodness.

That reminds me, I once committed myself to learning something new every year. Hmm, foxpro coding somehow dosn't seem in the right spirit.
Posted By: Murph Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/10/08 06:46 PM
OMG, It's been 20 years since I heard the term Foxpro in relation to programming. Were you being nostalgic or are they still around today.

I took just enough programming course to discover that I made a mistake when I thought I wanted to be a programmer. Luckily, my education was very diverse so I was able to pursue IT avenues that I actually did enjoy.
Posted By: fredk Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/11/08 06:46 AM
Nope its not nostalgia. The last time I did any coding, Foxpro didn't exist. We use it at the plant to write database aps for controlling the production process and storing critical safety information.

I don't know that I am all that keen to learn Foxpro, but I need to support the aps.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/11/08 06:07 PM
I've always been an "adrenaline junkie", but things have obviously slowed down. Here are some truly inspirational videos, the first two are the same kid, and the third video is, well, pretty crazy stuff.

first video

second video

video three
Posted By: fredk Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/11/08 07:11 PM
OK, the guy going down the stairs backwards in his chair is nuts!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/11/08 07:41 PM
Yep he is, but after seeing that video I'm going to try it on a curb (with a friend around).
Posted By: Murph Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/11/08 08:42 PM
Wow! My hats off to those guys.
Kudos for realizing that most times it's the mind that holds you back, not the body.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/11/08 09:36 PM
 Originally Posted By: Murph
Wow!
Kudos for realizing that most times it's the mind that holds you back, not the body.

Very true, especially when the body is paralyzed \:D \:D .
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/11/08 11:38 PM
Well, my mind is paralyzed because I've never really done anything risky.... No guts....
Posted By: RickF Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/12/08 01:48 AM
I was thinking you were married Mark. \:\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/12/08 01:49 AM
He is, to one bad snowblower.
Posted By: fredk Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/12/08 06:33 AM
But you make up for it in noodles.
Posted By: BrenR Re: There is nuts and then there is... - 12/12/08 08:00 AM
The power chair guy I could take a lot more seriously if he didn't remind me of J-Roc from the Trailer Park Boys.

Bren R.
© Axiom Message Boards