Axiom Home Page
Posted By: grunt Boxing day - 12/27/08 01:07 AM
Well since I had the day off…

Executive Order: Closing of Executive Departments and Agencies of the Federal Government on Friday, December 26, 2008

(Gotta love government when you’re in the politburo)

...I started tearing down my apartment theater today and boxing up much of it (read Axioms) only headphones now. I realized that if I didn’t do something drastic and get out of the comfort zone I wasn’t going to get off my procrastinating backside and seriously start house hunting.

Also moved everything I am still using to the bedroom so I can stage all the boxes out in the front room so they will be easier to get out when the time comes. Amazingly of the 30 or so wires I had to reattach (only kept the essentials running) I only mucked up one of them. I was worried about putting it all back together since this Rube Goldberg contraption has been 5 years in the making. Must start thinking wireless networking for the house.

Now don’t anybody go and tell me that boxing day isn’t a holiday where you have to box things up. ;\)
Posted By: CV Re: Boxing day - 12/27/08 01:20 AM
\:D

I'm kind of looking forward to seeing your system in its new home. I hope it goes well!
Posted By: DaveG Re: Boxing day - 12/27/08 01:37 PM
Good luck with your hunt.
Posted By: lhulls Re: Boxing day - 12/27/08 05:10 PM
Boxing Day is a holiday in Canada; it’s somewhat akin to the U.S Black Friday, without the total insanity.

Posted By: jakewash Re: Boxing day - 12/27/08 05:19 PM
Actually, according to the Canada Labour code Boxing day is not a statutory holiday, but many do get it off.
Posted By: fredk Re: Boxing day - 12/27/08 05:28 PM
Thats good to hear Dean. House pricing is certainly right down south. Canadian house prices have just started to weaken in the last 4 months or so. I keep hoping inventories will build up here so I can go 'bargain' hunting.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Boxing day - 12/27/08 07:09 PM
Make sure your Boxing Day doesn't turn into a Bosing Day.
Posted By: grunt Denon is an evil Axiom enabler - 12/29/08 06:08 AM

After moving my equipment to the bedroom I wanted to update some settings for the different configuration only to find I can’t access the settings menu either from the remote or the front panel. Spent about 30 minutes fiddling and searching the internet to no avail. Just as I was about to post here seeking wisdom I considered the one big change was that I didn’t have speakers hooked up just headphones. ;\)

So I broke out the M22 (showing willpower), hooked them up and viola I can access the setup menu. Apparently they never figured someone using only headphones would need to configure inputs. So now, (un)fortunately, I’m staring at two very lonely M22s so of course I’m going to box them right back up? Nope fell right off the wagon so now I’ve got the 2 M22s, 2 QS8s and VP150 set up in the bedroom. Of course my rationalization is that this gives me a chance to review an Axiom 5.1 setup in a smaller room.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Denon is an evil Axiom enabler - 12/29/08 06:12 AM
Nicely done, Pics?
Posted By: grunt Re: Denon is an evil Axiom enabler - 12/29/08 06:34 AM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
Nicely done, Pics?

Soon! Cause this time I am actually buying my own digital camera to help out in my house hunting.

This is actually a good learning experience as it’s helping me learn more about room acoustics and speaker placement.

Originally Posted By: fredk

Thats good to hear Dean. House pricing is certainly right down south. Canadian house prices have just started to weaken in the last 4 months or so. I keep hoping inventories will build up here so I can go 'bargain' hunting.

Boy have priced fallen here. On average they are down 30% and for some especially bank owned that might need a little work it’s as much as 50-60%. There are just so many to choose from I’m afraid to pull the trigger in case the next one I see is better. The problem here in Phoenix is finding houses with large rooms. One I’m scheduled to look at is a 1,700 sqft ranch style with vaulted ceilings and tile floor on a .23 acre lot for $84,900. Previous owner took the appliances but who cares just give me my George Forman grill. I’d trade it for a good fish and chips place if I could find one here.
© Axiom Message Boards