Axiom Home Page
Posted By: FordPrefect Help With Vacation in Sarasota FL - 01/30/09 06:44 PM
The girlfriend and I are thinking about going someplace warm in the next month or so. Can anyone recommend any places to stay in the Sarasota area? Looking for hotel or condo or whatever for a week. Not looking for "all inclusive" as we want to do day trips and explore.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Posted By: RickF Re: Help With Vacation in Sarasota FL - 01/30/09 06:53 PM
Wayne, a very close friend lives over in Sarasota ... I'll give him a shout for you.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Help With Vacation in Sarasota FL - 01/30/09 06:58 PM
many thanks!
Posted By: RickF Re: Help With Vacation in Sarasota FL - 01/30/09 07:02 PM
Anytime Wayne, I'll get back with you sometime this evening or tomorrow, I'll give him a shout this afternoon.

BTW that's a very nice area over there, y'all should really enjoy it this time of the year.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Help With Vacation in Sarasota FL - 01/30/09 07:26 PM
Hey Rick, have you heard of The Villages? I think it is a huge retirement city that is gated? My brother in-laws mom has a place down there, but she spends most of the year in NY, so we can use it whenever..
Posted By: Murph Re: Help With Vacation in Sarasota FL - 01/30/09 08:07 PM
I can only tell you where 'not' to stay. We were saving some coin by staying at the Ramada because a friend gave us 2 free days he had won. The air conditioner was leaking water in our room to the point the carpet smelled musty and you would wet your socks if you walked any where close to the unit. OK stuff happens but they refused to give us another room or have it repaired, telling us that this was a very minor inconvenience. We wasted day two of our week trying to find a new hotel.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Help With Vacation in Sarasota FL - 01/30/09 10:04 PM
Sorry to hear about that Murph, I think I'd like to avoid the big hotel chains and stay in something that is a little more "Florida".
Posted By: RickF Re: Help With Vacation in Sarasota FL - 01/30/09 10:33 PM
Randy I don't know where that particular place is, up near Orlando maybe?

Wayne, I sent you a PM.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Help With Vacation in Sarasota FL - 01/31/09 12:43 AM

Posted By: LT61 Re: Help With Vacation in Sarasota FL - 01/31/09 04:19 AM
I lived there for 22 years....I would recommend checking on line for a place out on Siesta Key. It will be a bit pricey this time of the year, but well worth it.....talk about beautiful!

Larry
© Axiom Message Boards