Axiom Home Page
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Spare 3D glasses anyone? - 02/02/09 01:08 AM
OK, so it wasn't a bright idea to go to Safeway at 11 AM on Sunday to look for 'em.

I LOVE Chuck and I'll have it on the Tivo.

If anyone's got a pair of 3D glasses that you're done w/ after today, I'd be happy to pay for sending them to me. Also, I'll send 'em back if you want. I just want to check this whole 3D thing out on my plasma.

Thanks!

BTW, nice 100 yd interception run!
Posted By: Zarak Re: Spare 3D glasses anyone? - 02/02/09 04:56 AM
Left the glasses at the SB party we were at. The 3D was pretty worthless in the commercial anyway. The ball on the paddle was the only part that looked good in 3D. 3D was lacking in most of the rest of the ad.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Spare 3D glasses anyone? - 02/02/09 05:43 AM
I just want to watch chuck normally...would rather watch it in not 3D. Oh well. I think I may hunt around for the glasses when I go into town tomorrow.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Spare 3D glasses anyone? - 02/02/09 05:55 AM
Where were the glasses supposed to be available? My wife and I like Chuck, so it would be good to pick up a pair. The only pair of 3D glasses we have are some beat up Hanna Montana ones (just 1 pair) that won't cut it...
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Spare 3D glasses anyone? - 02/02/09 02:23 PM
We got ours free at Dollar General, I think most stores had a little cardboard standee with sheets of 4 glasses for free.
Posted By: Wid Re: Spare 3D glasses anyone? - 02/02/09 02:52 PM

I have some, pm me your info.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Spare 3D glasses anyone? - 02/02/09 03:13 PM
Oh, but puleeeeeze, Rick: Before you mail them off, post a pic of yourself wearing them?
Posted By: Wid Re: Spare 3D glasses anyone? - 02/02/09 03:26 PM

Oh no, can't do it Mark. These are my daughters that she got when she went to see My Bloody Valentine in 3D.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Spare 3D glasses anyone? - 02/02/09 04:40 PM
yeah, I heard dollar general had them as well.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Spare 3D glasses anyone? - 02/02/09 06:15 PM
thanks folks. fortunately my sister in law has s a few.

Yeah, I don't expect something phenomenal. But I am curious.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Spare 3D glasses anyone? - 02/03/09 09:35 PM
 Originally Posted By: danmagicman7
I just want to watch chuck normally...would rather watch it in not 3D. Oh well.

From your mouth to the executive's ears...PLEASE. 3D is a pain in the buttocks!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Spare 3D glasses anyone? - 02/03/09 09:59 PM
I understand the non-3D version of Chuck is (or will be) available on the web.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Spare 3D glasses anyone? - 02/03/09 10:26 PM
I was unable to locate any of the special 3D glasses today... Looks like the displays were all taken down yesterday. I have Chuck recorded in HD and would like to see it in 3D on my 104" screen, so if anyone would be willing to send 2 pair my way (one for me and one for my wife) I would be most appreciative... PM me if you can do that... Thanks.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Spare 3D glasses anyone? - 02/03/09 10:35 PM
I tried the 3D glasses...most of the time you're just straining to see what's on the TV. But its ok.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Spare 3D glasses anyone? - 02/05/09 06:03 AM
The effect was kinda cool. It didn't require me to acclimate to it, like the old red/green glasses.

However, I still don't like how the colors aren't 'true'. Too bad it can't look stereoscopic like the old ViewMasters.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Spare 3D glasses anyone? - 02/05/09 05:20 PM
Interestingly, some DLP TV advertisements (that I saw around Christmas) were stating that the TV was 3D Capable or something. I don't remember the specs, but my understanding is that they would use the polarized (sunglasses style, not red/green style) glasses...
© Axiom Message Boards