Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Stereoguy99 Living in London,Ont - 02/06/09 09:04 PM
Hi: I'm considering a move to London as Toronto is very expensive to live in for me.Due to health problems(Some of which are permanent)the likely hood of returning to work(F/T) is not good,so looking at London as a alternative to T.O. Does anyone here live in London that would be willing to answer my question via pm,email! Thanks for any help!
Posted By: Adrian Re: Living in London,Ont - 02/06/09 09:13 PM
Hey Stereo, I recall London being ranked right near the top of a poll done a couple of years back regarding the best cities in NA to live in, judging on amenities, shopping, safety ect. I think Victoria BC was first on the list and London was up there too. I'm sure there's someone here from that area who can help you out. Any particular reason for London? There's loads of places cheaper in Ont. than T.O. Cheers, Adrian
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Living in London,Ont - 02/06/09 10:57 PM
Yes, London is a beautiful city. I remember downhill skiing there when I was a child while visiting my aunt and uncle, and the ski hill wasn't much bigger than some people's backyards.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Living in London,Ont - 02/07/09 04:39 AM
I know a very, VERY attractive young lady that lives there. Does that account for anything?

Bren R.
Posted By: fredk Re: Living in London,Ont - 02/07/09 04:43 AM
I grew up in London. I believe Luc lives there now. PM me or post here if you like.
Posted By: fredk Re: Living in London,Ont - 02/07/09 04:44 AM
Bren. Got an address? I live 'just up the street' in Kitchener. Maybe I'll get a date before CV! ;\)
Posted By: CV Re: Living in London,Ont - 02/07/09 04:47 AM
Probably. I wouldn't settle for just very, VERY attractive. Ha ha.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Living in London,Ont - 02/07/09 04:56 AM
Unless your age starts with a "2", she's too young.

Dan? Ever considered ON?

Bren R.
Posted By: fredk Re: Living in London,Ont - 02/07/09 05:16 AM
Ever watch Harlod an Maude?
Posted By: real80sman Re: Living in London,Ont - 02/07/09 11:44 AM
The only issue I have with London is that driving is horrible. Very congested, and it seems to take 45 min to an hour to go anywhere in the city. In comparison, Kitchener/Waterloo is a breeze to get around in.

Plus, with KW being located smack in the middle, you are only an hour's drive to either London, or back to Toronto.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Living in London,Ont - 02/07/09 01:40 PM
There are a couple houses for sale in my parents locale on Chemong Lake and we are only 1.5 hours from Toronto.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Living in London,Ont - 02/07/09 04:43 PM
Chemong Lake is very close to Peterborough, of course. That's a nice area if your into boating, fishing ect and you're very close to Peterborough at the same time.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Living in London,Ont - 02/07/09 06:21 PM
Adrian, how long does it take to get to Peterborough from where you are? There is a couple of us that aren't too far away from each other and it would be really cool if we could get together sometime.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Living in London,Ont - 02/07/09 06:44 PM
I've never been to Peterborough before, but it looks like a 2 hr drive, or there-abouts from here. I think we need to organize a mass pilgrimage up to Dwight...err....especially during fishing season!!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Living in London,Ont - 02/07/09 08:02 PM
That sounds like it would be a blast, even though it's a fare hike for me. I was quite the fisherperson back in the day, waking up at the crack of dawn and out to the dock in the summer.
Posted By: Stereoguy99 Re: Living in London,Ont - 02/09/09 04:21 PM
Thanks for the advice and the pm's, it has added to my information on London.If anyone has any more information by all means pm me.Again thanks
Posted By: lucv13 Re: Living in London,Ont - 02/10/09 08:26 AM
 Originally Posted By: fredk
I grew up in London. I believe Luc lives there now. PM me or post here if you like.

yep yep been here in London since 78, Love the city

Stereoguy, you can pm me your email addy and I'll try to answer any questions you may have
Posted By: Worfzara Re: Living in London,Ont - 02/10/09 07:14 PM
Yes, I will agree, it's a nice city, not too big, not too small.

I am glad they managed to save the Rib Fest this summer. Now if they could get the air show and the balloon festival back it would be awsome!

Paul
© Axiom Message Boards