Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack Firefox issue? - 03/09/09 09:31 PM
I am doing some testing of some business apps at work with Firefox. One thing I noticed when browsing the Axiom forums, is that whenever I click "View Forums", or any link for that matter, the 2 pictures from the left side of the screen, "wall 'o' fame" flash quickly in the center of my screen, before the rest of the page loads. Is this normal for firefox? I notice the same think with Google Chrome. IE does not do it..
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Firefox issue? - 03/09/09 10:12 PM
It's just how the page loads.

The HTML code for the Wall'O'Fame pictures gets downloaded before most everything else on the page. So, if you were to stop downloading the HTML right after Wall'O'Fame, it would stay centered in the page because that is the way the browser interprets the incomplete code.

Since Firefox and Chrome frequently redraw the web page as data is downloaded, that is the flash you are seeing.

If you were on a 56k modem it might look a bit more "normal" since visual restructuring would happen with almost every web page.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Firefox issue? - 03/09/09 10:22 PM
makes sense..thanks.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Firefox issue? - 03/09/09 10:29 PM
No problem...gotta use my computer science degree for something ;-)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Firefox issue? - 03/10/09 02:42 AM
Funny thing, it does not do it on my home vista laptop, only my work XP desktop running the same version of firefox. Will have to check my XP HTPC when I have time..
© Axiom Message Boards