Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko I'm a sucker for war games - 03/27/09 02:04 AM
and the gameplay in R.U.S.E. looks amazing!
Posted By: grunt Re: I'm a sucker for war games - 03/27/09 05:33 AM
Looks very cool Peter. I was so pumped when I saw your post while at work but couldn’t access the site until I got home (D.O.D. computer). I was hoping it would be a TBSG and not RTS. I grew up on games like “Stalingrad,” “Panzer Blitz” and GO but just haven’t found a love for RTS games. So far the only real time game I really liked was “Harpoon” but then it was naval tactics and not a strategy game.

Hearts of Iron (HOI) was ok because it was only quasi real time since you could pause the game to give orders, but the AI even with the mods was really stupid. Then they totally broke it IMO with HOI2.

Any estimate on when it’s due out?

I will probably check it out once I start catching up on other games I’ve gotten behind on playing since I was waiting to buy the house and be able to really enjoy the audio. I’ve owned “Bioshock” for a year and still haven’t played it yet.

A cool thing about your post is it got me looking up some old computer games and one of them I really liked, SSI’s “Red Lightning,” is available online. My original and backup floppies went bad years ago

Cheers,
Dean
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: I'm a sucker for war games - 03/27/09 01:15 PM
That is pretty sweet. I especially like the effect of the long range shells from the battlegroup coming over the hill. Very cool.

Perhaps I missed in the dialog - which platform is this expected to be released in? PC? Xbox? PS/3?

I'm still waiting for someone to produce a modern but decent version of Harpoon. It was a naval warfare simulator from the 1990's. I used to absolutely love that game.
Posted By: Zimm Re: I'm a sucker for war games - 03/27/09 04:22 PM
Probably not the speed you guys are talking about, but some of the first person shooters out now are shocking realistic. Played on-line you get the authenticity of playing against humans not computers (although the lack of the fear of death makes everybody really brave!) and you can strategize if you work in a group.

Plus, the PS3 lets you watch the new James Bond in BluRay when you finish wiping out the Nazi invading Stalingrad!
Posted By: Murph Re: I'm a sucker for war games - 03/30/09 01:00 PM
The zoom engine is extremely impressive. Very realistic at close range and allows you to see a war room map view just by zooming out. Very cool.
© Axiom Message Boards