Axiom Home Page
This is an inner battle for the frugal (read cheap) me.

On the buying Blu-Rays, I keep trying to tell myself not to buy any because I can get them in a few days from Netflix. But I do keep my eye on Best Buy's weekly sale and find my self saying for $15 or $19, 'that' would be a good one to own. I do keep a Blu-Ray wish list that I watch the sales for. I cannot figure it out. I'll wait and wriggle to save $50 on an AVR, but each trip to Best Buy is $50! D'OH! ! !
I just looked, crap, how'd I get 20! ;\)

My intention was to ask others with this confusion, how you deal with it. But what just popped into my head was,
What are a few of your favorites worth getting in Blu-Ray.

I guess I am really looking for 'rationalization'. "Well there are just some awesome HD sound (7.1 a plus) and video selections, that just must be owned! ;\)
I'm hoping Redbox adds a Blubox soon. \:\)
 Originally Posted By: sirquack

I don't get it???

Though almost all my Netflix have been coming in Blu-Ray for a few months, I got an email today that Netflix is raising my regular monthly fee by $1 due to price of BD's. I am OK with that. ;\)
davekro,

Mr. Potts has a lot of good info on reference quality Blu-ray titles. Here is one of his threads.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1037108

Strictly audio quality.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=918734
Dr. H.
Thanks. (I think?) ;\)

I'll check it out. If there ARE 'must have' BD's, that's just the way it is. \:\)
How about don't buy it unless you'll watch it at least 3 times as a rule?
 Originally Posted By: Zarak
How about don't buy it unless you'll watch it at least 3 times as a rule?

I like that rule. I keep it in mind on my next Best Buy trip and see how it feels. \:\)
 Originally Posted By: sirquack

There has been talk for some time about Redbox locations offering Blu-Ray titles....

I still think that Netflix is a better route than buying Blu-Ray movies for the most part. Buy the "must haves" that you want, and rent the rest.
© Axiom Message Boards