Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV AsianBlurayGuide.com - 04/04/09 05:17 PM
I still don't know what titles to get, but here's a comprehensive site showing what Asian films have been released on Blu-ray, with details about region coding, audio tracks and subtitles, and where to buy, all in a convenient list.

http://www.asianblurayguide.com/

Anyone have any recommendations for must-haves?
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: AsianBlurayGuide.com - 04/04/09 06:49 PM
Where do you find stuff like this?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: AsianBlurayGuide.com - 04/04/09 06:57 PM
He searched "hot", "Asian" and "release".
Posted By: CV Re: AsianBlurayGuide.com - 04/04/09 07:17 PM
Ha ha, thanks, Mark.

Dan, I was simply getting impatient for more anime on Blu-ray, so I wanted to see what was out there to import, so I believe I just searched for "asian blu-ray" and that's the first site that came up. It then seemed to be the best I could find.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: AsianBlurayGuide.com - 04/04/09 07:54 PM
The only Anime I've ever sat through and watched to completion was Steamboy. I thought it was pretty good.

The friend I watched it with gets everything through Netflix.
Posted By: CV Re: AsianBlurayGuide.com - 04/04/09 09:03 PM
Yeah, I was thinking I may have to Netflix DVD versions of the ones that sound interesting and see if they are, in fact, worth importing the Blu-rays of. I figured I'd see if anyone had anything to say first.

I liked Steamboy all right, though I kept falling asleep when trying to watch it. When I was finally able to watch all of it, I thought it was kind of cool, but yeah, I think the pace does me in. What other anime have you NOT been able to sit through?

I've been more impressed with anime TV series than movie, but of course that requires more of a time investment, and there is a ton out there to watch. Still, I think if you ever feel the urge to watch more anime, make it a series. grunt and I agree that Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex are entirely worthwhile, and he has plenty of other suggestions that I haven't gotten around to yet. I would also include Fullmetal Alchemist as one of my favorites--perhaps even my #1 at this point--though I haven't seen anyone here back me up on that yet. \:\)
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: AsianBlurayGuide.com - 04/06/09 07:38 AM
http://www.atimes.com/
Posted By: CV Re: AsianBlurayGuide.com - 06/20/09 04:29 AM
Ooh, check this action out: Miramax to release Hero, Zatoichi, Iron Monkey and Legend of Drunken Master!

Zatoichi was all right, but I love all of the others, with Iron Monkey being my favorite. (Sorry, Jackie!)
© Axiom Message Boards