Axiom Home Page
Posted By: terzaghi for the interweb gurus - 04/14/09 01:00 PM
I am trying to copy some photos off of this site but can't figure it out(we had professional photos taken and they have web based client proofing...) We are going to buy a picture package with a couple of the poses but would like to have all of the photos on the computer just to have electronically. They appear to be in some kind of flash player and I can't figure out where the photos are stored on the website... any ideas?

I guess I could always print to pdf then export as a jpg but figured the quality might suffer.

linky is here if you want to try and solve the mystery:

http://www.picturethemoment.net/janellee/index.html
Posted By: terzaghi Re: for the interweb gurus - 04/14/09 02:56 PM
On second thought, I think that a pdf->jpg will work fine... I am not looking for high quality photos (since we will purchase those).

If anyone has an idea of how to get them in Jpg format to begin with feel free to let me know, but I think I have it covered.

Thanks.
Posted By: lhulls Re: for the interweb gurus - 04/14/09 03:17 PM
One way that works is to simply hit the "prtscr" button and then use any image editor to crop the file, then save the file in the format you like. A little more time consuming, but it works!

Good luck \:\)
Posted By: lhulls Re: for the interweb gurus - 04/14/09 03:21 PM
Handsome couple by the way! ;\)
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: for the interweb gurus - 04/14/09 03:22 PM
If you look at the caption on each image, you'll see a IMG_nnnn, make note of that. Then visit this URL:

http://www.picturethemoment.net/janellee/bin/images/large/IMG_7894.jpg

Replace the four digit number with the one from the Flash gallery.

EDIT: Or go here:
http://www.picturethemoment.net/janellee/bin/images/large/
Posted By: lhulls Re: for the interweb gurus - 04/14/09 03:27 PM
Go with ClubNeon, it's a lot less complicated.

Cool!! \:\)
Posted By: terzaghi Re: for the interweb gurus - 04/14/09 03:57 PM
wow thanks! Yeah, I saw the img_number but couldn't figure out the base directory that they were located.... how did you determine that?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: for the interweb gurus - 04/14/09 04:09 PM
He's a url savant.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: for the interweb gurus - 04/14/09 04:27 PM
I cleared my browser cache, and then fired up tcpdump telling it to output the ASCII contents of packets going to or arriving from port 80. Then I revisited the site and made note of any GET requests...

...yeah, what Tom said.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: for the interweb gurus - 04/14/09 04:34 PM
Cool! Thanks a million.
Posted By: CV Re: for the interweb gurus - 04/14/09 05:15 PM
How many millions do you have?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: for the interweb gurus - 04/14/09 05:36 PM
Just saw this thread and I know ClubNeon already helped you out, but for future reference here's what I do. (You have a Mac, right?)

Safari has a feature called the Activity Window (accessible from the Window menu) that shows all the files, scripts, images, etc. coming into your browser. It makes grabbing individual files from sites a snap.

I opened the Activity window, then loaded the photo gallery you linked to. Here is what shows up in the Activity window:

You can double-click items in the list to open them in their own windows (from which you can save to disk), or you can hold down option and then double-click items to download directly.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: for the interweb gurus - 04/14/09 05:52 PM
That sounds easy. I have a windows based PC (XP) though.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: for the interweb gurus - 04/14/09 06:39 PM
Using "firebug" extension within firebug allows you to do that. It comes with a ton of stuff for people who develop javascript and HTML, so it has a lot of "extra" stuff.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: for the interweb gurus - 04/14/09 06:43 PM
Also, for your IE users (or firefox too), a program called fiddler that lets you inspect all HTTP traffic coming in and out of your computer.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: for the interweb gurus - 04/14/09 07:01 PM
I need to make the switch to firefox...
© Axiom Message Boards