Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Craig_P Pearl Jam's Ten, Legacy Edition - 04/14/09 11:38 PM
Any Pearl Jam fans on here, and if so, I'm curious to know what people think about PJ's newly remixed version of Ten.

I've barely listened to it (snippets of some of the tracks), but it definitely sounds different, and not just "louder" like a lot of newer "remixes" (with most being more like remasters). It is certainly louder, but they seemed to have brought the bass and drums to the forefront far more than before, and taken the guitars back, but adding more "clarity" to them? I really need to listen to it a few times through, and compare it to the original to form a better opinion.

Also curious on peoples' opinions if they like the concept of doing this to old records, or if they're better left alone?
I'm not sure about that one.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Pearl Jam's Ten, Legacy Edition - 04/15/09 12:32 AM
I heard that it was more of a reproducing of the album than a basic remaster. That's what I heard on the radio. They brought in the same producer that worked on Vs. and Vitalogy and made it more "gritty".
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Pearl Jam's Ten, Legacy Edition - 04/15/09 01:49 AM
Does it make the lyrics intelligible?

WoooaaaaIuhhheeeeeerd Ahmstillalivuhhhh
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Pearl Jam's Ten, Legacy Edition - 04/15/09 02:15 AM
They can't work miracles.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Pearl Jam's Ten, Legacy Edition - 04/15/09 03:16 AM
Jerumeee spokane, waaashington...

Glad it's not just me.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Pearl Jam's Ten, Legacy Edition - 04/15/09 03:16 AM
 Quote:
WoooaaaaIuhhheeeeeerd Ahmstillalivuhhhh

Jeremy broke his ass today.

Here's a humorous video of a classic "what the hell is he singing?" Pearl Jam song.
Posted By: Skimble Re: Pearl Jam's Ten, Legacy Edition - 04/15/09 03:23 PM
I am a huge PJ fan. I have not heard the new release yet, and am undecided about whether I'll get it or not. I'll probably get it, as I like all of the Ten songs better live than I do on the studio version of the album. I imagine that has a lot to do with the way the original was mixed/produced--which pretty much is universally panned, including by the group. (I think George Harrison felt the same way about All Things Must Pass).
© Axiom Message Boards