Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Murph Mass Outage - Was it Tom's Squirrel - 04/28/09 04:33 PM
Almost forgot to mention that yesterday, there was a near province wide power outage due to a fire at one of the primary sub-stations. Rumor has it from our friends at the utility company was that it was caused by a squirrel.

Although though there was no mention of the odor of evaporating Guinness, I did immediately return to the forum to ensure our friendly, drunken squirrel had not gone mortally astray.

Glad to see Tom and his friend are still around.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Mass Outage - Was it Tom's Squirrel - 04/28/09 04:53 PM
LOL!

My Mom lives in a neighborhood with a lot of oak trees (and squirrels). It was pretty common for a while to hear one of our furry friends getting zapped just before the power went out.

Notably, Spokane, Washington has decided that Detonating squirrels is the final solution.

I trust your electricity is back to normal \:\)
Posted By: JaimeG Re: Mass Outage - Was it Tom's Squirrel - 04/28/09 04:59 PM
Ha! good one Murph...

Since we're talking about drunkenness... this is pretty funny, it's been going around the interwebs this week:

How to fail a sobriety test
Posted By: fredk Re: Mass Outage - Was it Tom's Squirrel - 04/28/09 05:13 PM
rodinator <-- \:o
failing the drunk test <-- \:D
Posted By: Murph Re: Mass Outage - Was it Tom's Squirrel - 04/28/09 06:51 PM
The Exploding squirrels is hilarious. Almost as crazy as the time that this company was hired to 'humanely' solve the pigeon problem in my old home town.

The company spread special pellets everywhere that the town understood was supposed to poison them in a quick and painless fashion. Instead what it did was place them in some kind of a raging stupor where they flopped around endlessness in obvious distress for up to 20 to 30 minutes before they died.

They later found out that this was actually "part of the plan". The companies real strategy was to cause a giant pigeon panic that would fool the other pigeons into leaving the area forever. The dieing part, was actually unplanned.

In the end, it was a nightmare of bad optics for the town and the so called hired 'experts'. I didn't get to witness it myself but it is still a much used topic of conversation.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Mass Outage - Was it Tom's Squirrel - 04/28/09 06:57 PM
Bad PR, but still better than planning a photoshoot of a low flying 747 over NYC.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Mass Outage - Was it Tom's Squirrel - 04/28/09 07:07 PM
Yeah. What were they smoking when they decided that wouldn't cause any trouble?
Posted By: Gieseman Re: Mass Outage - Was it Tom's Squirrel - 04/29/09 03:19 AM
I think it was hemp oil out of a water pipe, but who knows it could of been some funny little paper too. Reminds me when I was living in Brazil in the Clinton days. I think he was smoking something too.
Posted By: davekro Re: Mass Outage - Was it Tom's Squirrel - 04/29/09 02:08 PM
Maybe the FAA had the 'pidgeon contractors' consulting. The intent might have been to scare all New Yorkers out of town. Seems a bit drastic of a way to shorten the FAA chief's commute time, eh? \:D
© Axiom Message Boards