Axiom Home Page
Posted By: fredk Musical Wasteland - 04/30/09 08:41 PM
Does anyone else wander into a musical wasteland where they don't listen to anything for a while?

For the last two weeks I have mostly listened to talk radio. Today I finally put on some good tunes while I finished my taxes.

I swear my alter-ego does this to me on purpose so I get a bigger buzz from the great sound when I finally wander out out of the wasteland.
Posted By: Wid Re: Musical Wasteland - 04/30/09 08:46 PM

I've do it every so often. Just today I finally listened to a few discs after quite some time. I put some music in last week and just shut it off, not in the mood I guess.

You're not alone with this one.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Musical Wasteland - 04/30/09 08:47 PM
This happens to me more often than I'd like. On the plus side, it's great to "rediscover" music, too.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Musical Wasteland - 04/30/09 09:27 PM
I'm still in the "rediscover" mode at the moment \:\)
Posted By: fredk Re: Musical Wasteland - 05/01/09 01:56 AM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
On the plus side, it's great to "rediscover" music, too.

Thats what I felt today. I put on some Dave Brubek and it gave me a real lift. I kept thinking "wow, this sounds really good".
Posted By: Wid Re: Musical Wasteland - 05/01/09 02:23 AM

I did the same with Boston, Cinderella, Fleetwood Mac and Bon Jovi. Brought back some good memories \:\)
Posted By: JohnK Re: Musical Wasteland - 05/01/09 02:33 AM
Naw, Fred; I have such a variety of classical CDs, plus listening to streamed music from the computer, that I never tire of having it on 7-8 hours every day. There's always something new to enjoy or to reacquaint yourself with if you haven't listened to it for a while.
Posted By: CV Re: Musical Wasteland - 05/01/09 04:12 AM
Yeah, I'm always listening to something when I'm at my computer, which is quite a lot. It might be interesting to try going without music for a while.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Musical Wasteland - 05/01/09 05:33 AM
I go in stages. Sometimes I'm more into watching movies and stuff rather than listening. I'm on not really listening to music right now, should be getting back into it soon...
Posted By: fredk Re: Musical Wasteland - 05/01/09 06:50 AM
CV, by the number of posts you make in the hearing things thread, you listen to music more than anybody else on this forum.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Musical Wasteland - 05/01/09 05:53 PM
 Originally Posted By: fredk
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
On the plus side, it's great to "rediscover" music, too.

Thats what I felt today. I put on some Dave Brubek and it gave me a real lift. I kept thinking "wow, this sounds really good".

Well duh!! ;\)

Nice to know of another Dave Brubeck fan here on the board. \:\)
Posted By: fredk Re: Musical Wasteland - 05/01/09 07:09 PM
Whats not to like? Actually, I've been a fan for longer than I realized. There is at least one piece on this disc that almost everyone will recognize.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Musical Wasteland - 05/01/09 07:39 PM
 Originally Posted By: fredk
Whats not to like? Actually, I've been a fan for longer than I realized. There is at least one piece on this disc that almost everyone will recognize.

Let me guess, Take Five? \:\)

I had the privilege of hearing him live in concert last summer. He's still amazing. \:\)

/me: Scrolls through iPod to the Dave Brubeck playlist...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Musical Wasteland - 05/01/09 07:51 PM
I heard him several years ago. Like Peter said, amazing. My favorites are on Time Further Out.
© Axiom Message Boards