Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ken.C Networking... no, not that kind. - 05/01/09 06:34 PM
I have a friend looking for a job. I happen to have done contract work for a company awhile back that I think would be a good fit for her. I gave her their website and she has applied for a couple of positions. However, I'm not sure how/if I should contact anyone there. I don't really know anything about my friend's work experience, bt I know she's a good person and very likely to be a very dedicated worker. Anyone have any advice on how I should proceed?
Posted By: Adrian Re: Networking... no, not that kind. - 05/01/09 06:45 PM
Is she using you as a reference, Ken? I think you already answered your own question. If you talk to the company, just let them know what you know about her and nothing more/less. Ok, maybe embellish things a little because she's your friend, but don't go overboard. Did she ask you to put a word in for her?
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Networking... no, not that kind. - 05/01/09 06:50 PM
Maybe have her try Linked In. She may find a mutual contact to exploit thru that method.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Networking... no, not that kind. - 05/01/09 07:42 PM
Yeah, she didn't ask for a reference, just for a lead. She didn't ask me to put in a word for her. I think she's on linked in, but I don't think I have anyone from that company on mine. I should look...
© Axiom Message Boards