Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme Convert LP grill to NG? - 05/06/09 01:33 AM
I bought a Weber Genesis E-310 grill last year and we've now got a gas line run over to where the grill is. How easy is it to convert my grill to NG?
Posted By: real80sman Re: Convert LP grill to NG? - 05/06/09 03:55 AM
The proper way would be to order a conversion kit from Weber. It will include a new hose and either new orifices, or an entire new manifold.

Or........ You could just drill out the existing orifices, and swap out the hose.

Disclaimer: You didn't hear that second part from me!
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Convert LP grill to NG? - 05/06/09 12:23 PM
This is a very good question... I have a weber summit S-470 that I bought last year in LP, and I am thinking about having a gas line run to my back porch when we finally buy a home and stop renting the one we are in.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Convert LP grill to NG? - 05/06/09 01:02 PM
Are those No-Gloss grills for the M80s or the M60s?
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Convert LP grill to NG? - 05/06/09 05:46 PM
Call Weber before you drill! They are most helpful and parts are minimal.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Convert LP grill to NG? - 05/06/09 06:18 PM
 Originally Posted By: bugbitten
Call Weber before you drill! They are most helpful and parts are minimal.

And where is the fun in that? \:\)
Posted By: Murph Re: Convert LP grill to NG? - 05/06/09 06:22 PM
Well, you could reply to their suggestions with comments like, "No, I can't drill there because I'll puncture the pig I'm roastin."
or,
"Is it OK if I drill into the gas line to weld a second pipe to it while the gas is turned on? Cause the catfish is almost done."
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Convert LP grill to NG? - 05/06/09 06:57 PM
\:D \:D
Posted By: INANE Re: Convert LP grill to NG? - 05/30/09 05:13 AM
I need a new grill and I'm considering NG but I'm a cheap ass so I'm debating if it's worth the effort (run gas line out to deck) and coin.

I've seen some ~200$ grills at Menards that looked decent enough... anyone know if you can even get NG versions of "cheaper" grills or is that an option reserved for more expensive models?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Convert LP grill to NG? - 05/30/09 05:31 AM
I know you can get some of the lower end Weber's from Home Depot that are NG. I have a Vermont Castings that was $800cdn from HD as well. I love having the BBQ on NG, no more running out for propane.
© Axiom Message Boards