Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Adrian Columbia House? - 05/14/09 07:42 PM
Anyone using Columbia House for movies or music? any opinions/is it worthwhile?
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Columbia House? - 05/14/09 09:03 PM
Is it the same scam as it used to be?

Do you get 10 movies for a nickel and then they start just sending you crappy movies for $49.95 each for the rest of your life?
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Columbia House? - 05/14/09 09:08 PM
 Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth
Is it the same scam as it used to be?
Do you get 10 movies for a nickel and then they start just sending you crappy movies for $49.95 each for the rest of your life?

No, they're eonly $44.95.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Columbia House? - 05/14/09 09:41 PM
I was a member of BMG for 19 years, but they're now ceasing operations as of April.

I was always happy with them. After the first few years, they put me on a "you don't have to send this Monthly Selection card back to us anymore" plan. The year after that, I did a "buy 1, get 3 for $2.99" sale that also boasted I would get "2 free for life". Matter of fact, that's how I found out that they were ceasing operations: They wrote me to let me know that I should make use of all the coupons I had: Last month, I got 22 CDs for $41, shipping included.

The shipping and handling charges were inflated (but at ~ $3 per CD, who cared?) and their selection wasn't enormous, but I found them very worthwhile.

Every Spring, I'd order 15~20 CDs just in time for Summer Driving... \:\)
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Columbia House? - 05/15/09 03:49 AM
BMG was always the better deal in my book. Too bad that they aren't going to be around any more. I was always hoping that they would develop some sort of DVD club like Columbia did, but with better deals, but that never happened either...
© Axiom Message Boards