Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Golden Google SketchUp models - 05/25/09 01:08 PM
Howdy,

So I have fallen in love with Google SketchUp. There are actually a few to-scale rudimentary Axiom products in the 3D Warehouse depository, which is awesome. However, to my knowledge, there are no detailed Axiom drivers or detailed Axiom speakers. I was hoping that someone might have these in their personal library? I am not talking about any of the internal schematics, to be clear, just a more detailed external (cause the more I use SketchUp, the more anal I become...). As they say, I would take a crack at them myself, but the dastardly skill set I currently have would be a disservice to Axiom owners across the globe.

Also, I would love to see what hypothetical (future) HT/Listening room designs any of you have come up with in SketchUp!

- Sam
Posted By: Golden Re: Google SketchUp models - 05/28/09 01:45 PM
Haha, so I take it no one really uses SketchUp much around here? Thread Fail. Lol \:\)
Posted By: cb919 Re: Google SketchUp models - 05/28/09 02:13 PM
Golden,
I love Sketchup as well, but I fear my skill set is likely worse than yours! I have no Axiom models in my library. However now you have given me the challenge idea to create my W series in there. That should be fun with the rounded profile of the W's!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Google SketchUp models - 05/28/09 02:49 PM
It was pretty popular a couple of years ago. I tried it, but I guess I simply don't have the patience.
Posted By: Murph Re: Google SketchUp models - 05/28/09 02:58 PM
It's probably very easy to use in relation to how powerful it is but I found it a bit unintuitive for the odd drawing I ever need to do.
Posted By: fredk Re: Google SketchUp models - 05/28/09 07:11 PM
Its quite intuative for what it is, but has some quirks that take getting used to.

I did some rough QS8s and a very crude EP350.

Sketchup could suck up a LOT of time if you let it.
© Axiom Message Boards