Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Forum pages not loading right? - 06/01/09 12:35 PM
This has been happening since last week:

Anyone else?

I haven't seen it on any other sites but this one. Reboots, reloads, etc...don't help.

Vista 64, IE 7.0.6001.1800
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Forum pages not loading right? - 06/01/09 01:05 PM
I can't say I'd blame the forum for that. Looks like a bug in IE to me. Haven't we told you enough times to switch browsers? ;\)
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum pages not loading right? - 06/01/09 01:08 PM
I was using Firefox on the older computer and miss the spellcheck. I've been putting off using it on the new computer, but now that you are instructing me to do so, will download it right now!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum pages not loading right? - 06/01/09 01:14 PM
There.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Forum pages not loading right? - 06/01/09 01:18 PM
I'm happy for you. Now make some sawdust out of IE and you'll be happy for yourself.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum pages not loading right? - 06/01/09 01:24 PM
Pages are loading fine now....

But I'm still curious if other IE users were having problems...(?)
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Forum pages not loading right? - 06/01/09 01:55 PM
Nah! Must by your square room. Depending on packet size, you probably have HTTP nulls.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Forum pages not loading right? - 06/01/09 05:40 PM
I have been having a different problem for the last few months; pages only partially loading. Happens with different browsers (Firefox, IE), different PCs and different links. Anyone else getting this ?
Posted By: grunt Re: Forum pages not loading right? - 06/02/09 04:01 AM
 Originally Posted By: bridgman
I have been having a different problem for the last few months; pages only partially loading. Happens with different browsers (Firefox, IE), different PCs and different links. Anyone else getting this ?

I had a similar problem with both Firefox and IE many months ago and traced it to a “gif” that wasn’t loading. I reported it to the webmaster and he said that he found a bad link that he removed which took care of the problem. You could see what’s trying to load when the browser “hangs” as maybe you are having a similar issue. AFAIK when I post I was having the issue no one else using either Firefox or IE was noticing it.

I’ve also noticed that the Axiom site often hangs when I’m running a bittorrent client. Even if the torrent is hardly using any bandwidth. Pausing the all torrents causes the “hanging” Axiom page to load immediately.
© Axiom Message Boards