Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BrenR C'est la meme chose... - 07/16/09 06:16 AM
I'm gone for what, 6 months and you guys are STILL talking about CV's love life, and what you're eating, drinking, watching and sawing into?

How's everyone been?

Lot of changes around here as of late. Some for the good, many for the bad, and some are just for the different.

Bren R.
Posted By: CV Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/16/09 06:36 AM
Hey, I'm glad to see my love life taking top billing even though it's non-existent.

Has it really been 6 months? Oh, it hasn't. I had to check your posts to make sure. Unless someone's been posting as you.
Posted By: medusa Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/16/09 07:51 AM
CHARLES!

What are you talking about non-existent love life...we make out every night!
Posted By: CV Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/16/09 08:24 AM
You left me for Marina, but nice try.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/16/09 10:26 AM
Hi Bren,

welcome back... short visit or you here to stay? Sorry to hear about yor "bad" changes, don't mean to gloat but mine have all been positive...

oh yes, don't forget to vote.
Posted By: Ajax Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/16/09 11:44 AM
IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE! ;\)
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/16/09 01:08 PM
Welcome back, Bren!!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/16/09 02:36 PM
So, Bren, ya gonna fill us in?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/16/09 04:45 PM
Bren, good to hear from you again. Tell us about the good things.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/16/09 04:55 PM
Bren! Good to hear from you, brother.
Posted By: davidsch Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/16/09 05:29 PM
Good to have you back Bren! Are you still a soccer fan? I thought about you a couple of weeks ago when I posted something about watching the U.S. soccer team playing Brazil in the Confederations Cup finals.
Posted By: Murph Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/16/09 07:19 PM
Welcome back Bren!
I missed both your sense of humor and your no-nonsense, common sense input around here.

Hmmm, gone for 6 months eh? Just now returning just after a recent post from a strangly quiet BigWyres......

Maybe Randy isn't BigWyres after all??????
Posted By: BrenR Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/16/09 08:47 PM
Wow, it's only been 2.5 months it would appear.

I guess I missed you guys.

Good things:
- Coached little league baseball again this year... the guys (and two girls that wanted to play baseball and not that evil twin of baseball, softball) got to Cities but lost out in the last game to miss a spot in Provincials by one run.
- Spending a lot of time with friends and family.
- Spending the rest of my time buying up older firearms and bringing them back to former glory (maybe this goes under "got wood?" or "got blued steel?")
........Note to all, heavy body furniture stripper eats through any glove commercially available.
- Spent a few months planning my nuptials.

Bad Things:
- Above mentioned nuptials were called off by the bride-to-be 10 days before the wedding, so I am single for the first appreciable length of time since my voice changed. It's kind of odd. On the plus side, while refilling what's being packed up, I've learned that curtains are called "window coverings" they come in "panels" - which is an ancient sanskrit word for none of these are the correct size, and that I need to know answers to questions like "tab-top or rod pocket?"

Bren R.
Posted By: JohnK Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/17/09 01:21 AM
Yeah, Bren; 2.5 months was at least 2.4 months too long. Missed your wit and wisdom.
Posted By: CV Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/17/09 04:44 AM
Sorry to hear about the bad things, but that's a great list of good things to offset them.

Oh, and I'm glad you're back, even if it hasn't been a full six months. You always have a unique perspective on things, so start weighing in on the active topics already.
Posted By: BrenR Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/17/09 07:45 AM
 Originally Posted By: CV
You always have a unique perspective on things, so start weighing in on the active topics already.
That Denon cable is overpriced, CV needs more confidence (or roofies) with women, Wheelz' caregiver is easy on the eyes, and a medusa bag seems a little weird, but then again, you ARE the guy that has a "personal logo", so...

Bren R.
Posted By: grunt Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/17/09 07:51 AM
Welcome back! Congratulations on your singleness, enjoy it while it lasts. ;\)
Posted By: Murph Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/17/09 10:59 AM
Agreed! Enough time to be married when you're, errr ummm, married. I love my wife but it's hard not to look back with smiles and nostalgia on my single years.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/17/09 06:34 PM
I'm sure your famed unique perspective came in handy when dealing with the repercussions of the terminated nuptials. On the plus side, picking up domestic skills is never a bad thing.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/17/09 07:12 PM
Welcome back bren! You, CV, and I can start our own Axiom Bachelor club if you'd like. The tagline could be "The best sounding bachelor pads around" \:D
Posted By: Ray3 Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/18/09 12:36 AM
Bren - nice to see you again.

Frankly, until you started talking about the window treatments, I didn't realize what an attractive man you are.....

\:D
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/18/09 01:39 AM
LOL! \:D
Posted By: BrenR Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/19/09 08:35 AM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
I'm sure your famed unique perspective came in handy when dealing with the repercussions of the terminated nuptials. On the plus side, picking up domestic skills is never a bad thing.
I guess that was the biggest test of "humour triumphs over all."

Now I guess we have to start a list of songs for a mix tape.

50 Ways to Leave Your Lover - Paul Simon
Ruptured Nuptials - M.O.D.

Bren R.
Posted By: BrenR Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/19/09 08:38 AM
 Originally Posted By: danmagicman7
Welcome back bren! You, CV, and I can start our own Axiom Bachelor club if you'd like. The tagline could be "The best sounding bachelor pads around" \:D
The big difference is, you guys are young.

I'm too old to get SpeakerGrrl to notice me.

Bren R.
Posted By: BrenR Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/19/09 08:43 AM
 Originally Posted By: Ray3
Frankly, until you started talking about the window treatments, I didn't realize what an attractive man you are.....
Thanks for noticing, I've got a new skin care regime, a foaming body wash, I'm using a new toner and firming cream...

Bah, who am I kidding, my bathroom has: shampoo, soap, shaving cream, toothpaste, Listerine, peroxide and isopropryl alcohol.

That about covers every need.

Bren .
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/19/09 02:35 PM
What? No duct tape and superglue for workshop injuries??
Posted By: Murph Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/20/09 01:35 PM
Wearing duct tape has also been scientifically proven to remove a pimple faster than Contact C.
Posted By: BrenR Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/22/09 09:05 PM
 Originally Posted By: Murph
Wearing duct tape has also been scientifically proven to remove a pimple faster than Contact C.
Um... I'm sure it does... wasn't Contact C a cold caplet? Compound W was the wart remover.

Don't get those two confused when self-medicating.

Bren R.
Posted By: Murph Re: C'est la meme chose... - 07/23/09 12:15 PM
Hahha. Explains why it tasted so bad.
© Axiom Message Boards