Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jazznut jazznut - 05/09/03 10:51 PM
Very seldom do I hear anyone make much of the EP series subs. Usually SVS or some other brand X takes the recomendation from the post it club regulars. Are these simply not our best suit as Axiom loyalists? There's been the chuffing complaint about the EP 175 and little mention, praise or interested comments otherwise. What's the good news about Axiom subs. One man says his is asleep.
Any thoughts?
Posted By: chesseroo Re: jazznut - 05/10/03 12:51 AM
Jazznut,
I don't necessarily think it is just an Axiom subwoofer quality issue here but also price.
Axiom subs comparitively are expensive when put up against the likes of Hsu and Sunfire.
Price: performance is really more the key.

My EP350 rumbles plenty but sometimes i get the port chuff. Had i not had any port chuff, i would have still been happy with my EP350, but still would have preferred it cost less than $950Cdn.
Hence for what i paid, i'm not happy with my EP350.
So why did i not return it then you ask?
Because i never really tested it thoroughly enough before my 30d trial period had ended. I really only noticed the port chuff after i bought some dvds heavy in the low end that illicited the issue several months later.
Posted By: sushi Re: jazznut - 05/11/03 03:58 AM
I agree with chess. I have never actually heard the EP series. But to me they did not seem to convey as good a cost/performance as other lines from Axiom. They did not seem to "stand out" in the highly competitive market of mid-priced subs.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: jazznut - 05/12/03 12:53 AM
I don't get port chuff on my EP350 but my listening room is not large so that might be due to the volume not being very high.

I didn't pay the full price for my EP350, I got it on special, so for what I paid, I'm very happy with it.

I would have purchased an SVS had I had more money and a soundproof place because they are extremely loud!
© Axiom Message Boards