Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jazznut Is our sub product sub par? - 05/09/03 10:54 PM
Very seldom do I hear anyone make much of the EP series subs. Usually SVS or some other brand X takes the recomendation from the post it club regulars. Are these simply not our best suit as Axiom loyalists? There's been the chuffing complaint about the EP 175 and little mention, praise or interested comments otherwise. What's the good news about Axiom subs. One man says his is asleep.
Any thoughts?
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Is our sub product sub par? - 05/09/03 11:45 PM
I have the EP350. It's a fine sub for the money, but not spectacular which is where the rest of the Axiom family falls.

I'll probably be upgrading to a 1646PC plus or whatever they call it at SVS, space and aesthetics be damned.
Posted By: fhw Re: Is our sub product sub par? - 05/10/03 02:17 PM
I have the previous line's AX500a. It's a great sub, although it doesn't like my room very much. I think that Axiom's subs are fine...they'll certainly outperform any big-box-store junk, although without *quite* as much value as the loudspeakers.

It's probably because Axiom's subs are designed with music in mind first, rather than the how-low-how-loud-can-you-make-it home theater market.
Posted By: BigWill Re: Is our sub product sub par? - 05/14/03 06:07 PM
I've never had a sub before this ep350, but I can't find fault with it. My friend has a sub (I think its an Energy since that's what his mains are) that doesn't sound any better. It took me a little while to find a good spot to place mine, but that's about it.

Actually, it would be cool if it had a remote. And the grill shouldn't come down all the way. I think I must have broken the plastic plugs that connect the grill to the sub by tilting it forward to better access the controls on the back. No problem though, Joe sent me out a handful of replacements promptly and free of charge.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Is our sub product sub par? - 05/15/03 07:45 PM
I'd just be happy if my grill fit in the first place. Damn thing hits the lip of the woofer and even after filing that down the pegs don't hold in place.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Is our sub product sub par? - 05/15/03 07:51 PM
Axiom subs are very good for the money but not the best. SVS outperforms the EP350.

HOWEVER

the EP350 is very nice looking compared to an SVS cylinder sub. But I'd love to hear the new SVS cubic sub.

I've never eally listened to any other subs that extensively.
© Axiom Message Boards