Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko Thank those trusty T-brackets - 08/27/09 01:54 AM
I came home from work today and noticed that the speaker wire normally connected to my left-rear QS8 was laying on the floor beneath it. I have a couple young kids and I knew instantly who was responsible, but I didn't know exactly what had happened. My son Stevie, the older, non-guilty party told me what happened.

"Gracie tried to climb up the wire." (but the image was funny!)

I'll spare you most of the details of what happened next -- no child was harmed or even touched, though. (It took restraint, lemme tell ya) -- but I did impress upon her that wires of any kind are not to be pulled, yanked, or climbed, and that any lesser speaker/bracket combo may have ended up on her head.

I examined the speaker terminals and they were fine, but they did have a bunch of copper strands still stuck in them. Guess I screwed them down pretty tight. \:D

Anyway, crisis averted. All is fine.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Thank those trusty T-brackets - 08/27/09 02:09 AM
Those are sturdy little brackets! \:D

I'm glad Gracie wasn't hurt.

Tell Stevie to take a pic next time, though!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Thank those trusty T-brackets - 08/27/09 02:15 AM
I should finally poke a couple holes in the wall and fish the wire through.
Posted By: Murph Re: Thank those trusty T-brackets - 08/28/09 04:06 PM
You need some ceramic rock climbing speaker wire grommets. They both magically open up your sound and provide for worry free climbing.
Posted By: Zimm Re: Thank those trusty T-brackets - 08/28/09 04:28 PM
 Originally Posted By: Murph
You need some ceramic rock climbing speaker wire grommets. They both magically open up your sound and provide for worry free climbing.

Damn, the Deaf Monk never thought of rock-climbing-levitating-speaker wire. Seems so obvious now. \:\)
© Axiom Message Boards