Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko Disney to buy Marvel - 08/31/09 05:19 PM
Not sure what to make of this, but it's true.

http://corporate.disney.go.com/news/corporate/2009/2009_0831_disney_and_marvel_entertainment.html

Does this mean we'll be seeing mashups like Cinderine/Wolverella? (my own 15-minute Photoshop hatchet-job):

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Disney to buy Marvel - 08/31/09 08:03 PM
Reproducing my facebook take on this:

Get ready for Spiderman underpa---oh wait. Uh, crummy Spiderman TV sho--- uh.... Well, no change there.
Posted By: Murph Re: Disney to buy Marvel - 08/31/09 08:42 PM
Unless this gets translated into possible Pixar film, it's the end of any decent Marvel superhero movies in my obviously negative opinion, at least ones with real actors.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Disney to buy Marvel - 08/31/09 08:44 PM
Don't forget that Disney has other studios as well.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Disney to buy Marvel - 08/31/09 08:54 PM
 Originally Posted By: Murph
Unless this gets translated into possible Pixar film, it's the end of any decent Marvel superhero movies in my obviously negative opinion, at least ones with real actors.

I doubt it. I just read an article on Jon Lasseter. Technically, he's the head of animation and flies down from Pixar to Anaheim for few days a week. They run each studio differently, they let SoCal still do hand animation since that's the legacy. Norcal does all the computer animation since that's their expertise. I would assume the same for Marvel.

Also, remember that Marvel revamped their movie studio to consolidate it recently in the hopes of alleviating the horrible movies like Electra, Punisher, and the others before. I think the new direction is better (though the newest Wolverine was pretty bad), especially if you caught the end of Iron Man. The idea of a live action Avengers movie w/ all those characters is SO COOL. And great casting for Nick Fury I might add.

I actually hope DC does the same so we could see some kind of Justice League movie in the future. I'd love to see some interaction w/ Batman and Superman. Can you tell I love comics?... That and my Netflix queue of late has been filled w/ DC and Marvell animation.
© Axiom Message Boards