Axiom Home Page
Posted By: dbinnc posting for sale? - 09/08/09 02:54 PM
Are we allowed to post our Axiom stuff for sale here?

Derek
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: posting for sale? - 09/08/09 03:00 PM
It is against forum rules.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: posting for sale? - 09/08/09 03:11 PM
FAQ sections...fyi
Posted By: michael_d Re: posting for sale? - 09/08/09 04:29 PM
Too bad it isn't allowed though.....
Posted By: SirQuack Re: posting for sale? - 09/08/09 05:06 PM
Yeah, I'm assuming for legal reasons, they don't want to be involved in any transactions, even if they are the means of communication...most forums do offer a classifieds thread though.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: posting for sale? - 09/08/09 07:11 PM
No, it's direct competition with Axiom.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: posting for sale? - 09/08/09 08:08 PM
I see a Classifieds Section as one way to bring trash to the site. Sure it would be nice if I could sell a dvd player or cable but I see more negatives like people joining just for the purpose of selling goods. Its an Axiom owned message board anyways. Adding drama and unnecessary traffic is never a good thing and the Axiom forum is one of the few that has very little drama. I like the forum just the way it is, discussing Axiom products, troubleshooting and talking about booze, tunes and food. There are plenty of audio sites out there that have classifieds where you can sell your gear.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: posting for sale? - 09/08/09 09:59 PM
Ken, I was thinking more like a Axiom only product thread, I don't think it would detour from Axiom sales. I look at it like I could sell my old stuff easier, and by new stuff from Axiom, everyone wins.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: posting for sale? - 09/08/09 11:00 PM
Axiom has a trade in program for existing owners of Axiom products, so yes it would act as a deterrent to future sales (maybe not in your case but everyone will not act like that). You would probably have an easier time selling goods in a established classified section such as Audioholics which has way more traffic going through it and potential buyers.
Posted By: michael_d Re: posting for sale? - 09/08/09 11:12 PM
Direct competition?? You have to be kidding. Does Axiom sell video processors, anamorphic lenses, projectors, Denon products, Squeeze Boxes, External hard drives, cameras, etc…? There are a lot of folks, like myself, who want to upgrade their speakers to real wood. By selling my vinyl rapped speakers here, someone makes out with some used speakers and Axiom still gets my business. The trade in program is not worth it. Not even remotely. By the time you buy enough stuff to get the full value of your trade, you’ve just bought enough for two homes. Then you have the shipping costs of several hundred pounds of stuff to Axiom, which kills any value you may get with the program. There is no “liability”. That’s ridiculous.

The whole point of a classifieds section here, is this is a somewhat small community and everyone who has been around for a while knows a thing or two about the rest of the members. There’s a bit more trust here than one of the other on-line places to buy used stuff.
Posted By: Wid Re: posting for sale? - 09/08/09 11:14 PM

I don't think a classified section would muck things up. For one, a person would be required to have a certain post count, say 100 and be in good standing with Axiom. Second, having a waiver that would not hold Axiom responsible for any transaction gone south would be required.

I think it promote buying more so than not. Yes Axiom has a trade in program but if your speakers are of any real age you don't get near what they are really worth compared to selling them out right.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: posting for sale? - 09/08/09 11:36 PM
Yes the post count idea would work but then there are some people that will post pad in all different areas of the forum just to get up to the number of posts required. The waiver would be a must.

I see it as a totally logical business decision on their part not to have a classifieds section but I understand why some people would like one here.
Posted By: Adrian Re: posting for sale? - 09/09/09 02:05 AM
I'm a little divided on this. There's several places that people can sell used audio equip't already, and technically, Axiom could lose a few sales if they do this.
Posted By: RickF Re: posting for sale? - 09/09/09 12:07 PM
 Originally Posted By: michael_d
Direct competition?? You have to be kidding. Does Axiom sell video processors, anamorphic lenses, projectors, Denon products, Squeeze Boxes, External hard drives, cameras, etc…?

Or 1974 Ford Pinto wagons?

I been trying to get out from under the payments on mine for the about the last three years (due to a tankered economy), the car is in excellent condition, 1 owner, AC (doesn't work), AM *AND* FM radio, 8-track player professionally installed (Ed and myself ) under the AC vent, all floorboards intact and shag carpet in the back ... *take over payments* and my baby is yours. You can PM me.

Whoa, did I just place an add?
Posted By: Murph Re: posting for sale? - 09/09/09 12:19 PM
God, I hope not. And what does it say on the rear panel there?
Posted By: RickF Re: posting for sale? - 09/09/09 12:23 PM
'Pinto Power' \:\)
Posted By: Murph Re: posting for sale? - 09/09/09 12:24 PM
Ha, that changes everything. I love the car now!
Posted By: RickF Re: posting for sale? - 09/09/09 12:33 PM
Good, tell the Missus that this Pinto has a ton of more room that that little Cooper ... *AND* an 8-track player!

You can PM me.

\:D
Posted By: SirQuack Re: posting for sale? - 09/09/09 01:37 PM
I learned to drive with my Mom's 77 Ford Pinto wagon with wood grain exterior panels, sweeeet. It was fun when I put my old Radio Shack Optimus floorstanding speakers in the back, I was the shit.
Posted By: Adrian Re: posting for sale? - 09/09/09 01:57 PM
Rick, does it have "Genuine Corinthian Vinyl" ?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: posting for sale? - 09/09/09 02:16 PM
I had a Cordoba with Corinthian Leather!

Me and my prom date:

By the look of my hair, this could have made it into the "kegger thread" also!
Posted By: Adrian Re: posting for sale? - 09/09/09 02:17 PM
You are the one with the moustache, right Mark?
Posted By: Murph Re: posting for sale? - 09/09/09 03:38 PM
I dunno, I still have anger issues about station wagons. With three to go before prom, my dad traded his pristine Dodge Charger for a HUGE, Green, Ford Taurus station wagon. It was the ugliest car ever for me at the time.

I did warm up to it eventually after discovering that the big V-8 in it had plenty of power. Getting it stopped was another matter altogether though. I remember racing around following a buddy in a much smaller car when he got out laughing his head off saying that he thinks my brakes were on fire. They pretty near were.
Posted By: Adrian Re: posting for sale? - 09/09/09 08:26 PM
You mean...Ford "Torino" station wagon? ...V8?
Posted By: RickF Re: posting for sale? - 09/09/09 08:31 PM
Probably, that "V-8" and Taurus didn't sound right to me either Adrian.

Years and years ago my Mom would let me sport around in her two door Ford Galaxy 500 ... that was a cool car. During my teens I did have a '74 Pinto station wagon, tan with the wood paneled sides and believe it or not I picked up share of women with car ... I believe they felt sorry for me. \:\)
Posted By: Murph Re: posting for sale? - 09/10/09 12:01 PM
Hmmm, this was over 20 years ago so who knows but I'm pretty sure it was a HUGE Ford wagon and it definitely had an 8 of some sort in her. I'd have to check with my Dad to be sure on the model though. Taurus remains prominent in my head but it could be a mistake.

Posted By: Adrian Re: posting for sale? - 09/10/09 07:45 PM
 Originally Posted By: RickF
During my teens I did have a '74 Pinto station wagon, tan with the wood paneled sides and believe it or not I picked up share of women with car ... I believe they felt sorry for me. \:\)

Could be they just liked your "woody".
Posted By: SirQuack Re: posting for sale? - 09/10/09 08:01 PM
Rick, I learned on my mom's 77 Pinto wagon, brown with wood grain sides..It was nice that the back seats folded flat, good for parking. \:\)
Posted By: jakewash Re: posting for sale? - 09/11/09 05:51 PM
The Taurus wagon was around 20 years ago (first offered in 1986) but it never had a v8 in it, a v6 was the largest that was offered and it was front wheel drive. I suspect the guys are right with the Torino wagon, you could even get a big block 460 in that baby.
Posted By: Murph Re: posting for sale? - 09/14/09 12:42 PM
Well it wasn't front wheel drive and my Dad doesn't remember what it was so I may never know for sure. He says he bought it to haul lumber because my Mom wouldn't let him buy a truck. So now I blame my Mom for the Car and Dad is now forgiven.
© Axiom Message Boards