Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie Win your dream system! - 05/19/03 02:51 PM
We're running a contest to win your dream system from Axiom! Just go to this page and go through the special contest wizard that pops up! Then click to enter to win that system in our contest! Drawing is in June.

Best of luck!

Posted By: chesseroo Re: Win your dream system! - 05/19/03 03:25 PM
Just to note, no popup popped up until i used Internet Explorer.
My primary browser is Mozilla (Netscape has same engine and may behave the same way).
Posted By: sushi Re: Win your dream system! - 05/19/03 03:36 PM
With the Safari (Apple's IE killer), the popup popped up normally.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Win your dream system! - 05/19/03 03:38 PM
Cool. I just selected options to get the best one. that WOULD be my dream system afterall. But when i clicked enter my system it didnt do anything. how am i supposed to be entered when i didnt have to enter any info ?!
Posted By: samandnoah Re: Win your dream system! - 05/19/03 03:40 PM
OK, stuff popped up, but I gotta admit I found it slightly confusing. The pop-up takes you through the questions, and then at the end has you click to enter the system. But when I clicked on it I got no feedback as to whether that action was successfully completed. So I clicked a 2nd time. Does that mean I entered twice, and am in trouble for multiple entries?!

Rich
Posted By: foof Re: Win your dream system! - 05/19/03 05:05 PM
my main browser window opened up a short survey after i finished the wizard... then you enter your address and info and click a button.

Posted By: tinfoilhat Re: Win your dream system! - 05/19/03 05:21 PM
I also use Mozilla as my primary browser and had to disable the Pop-Up manager in order for the secondary window to spawn. There should be a note instructing users to disable any pop-up software they are running.
Posted By: Yates28 Re: Win your dream system! - 05/19/03 07:36 PM
l'm in the same boat as you.
Posted By: BigWill Re: Win your dream system! - 05/19/03 09:31 PM
I'm glad y'all are having trouble registering - increases my chances of winning. This contest made me realize that I pretty much have my dream system (barring anything crazy).
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Win your dream system! - 05/19/03 09:32 PM
I already built my dream Axiom system.

You do realize, Amie, that were I to win, already sporting a fantastic 7.1 Axiom setup built off of the Epic 80, that I'd be forced to experiment with 10.2? Do you have any idea what kind of time and money commitment that would cost?

Think of the children!
Posted By: Yates28 Re: Win your dream system! - 05/19/03 11:36 PM
Well, l don't have a home theatre system and to be honest l'm quite content with my 2 channel set-up, so if l were to win the Contest, my new bookshelf's and sub are gonna sound pretty sweet.

Posted By: Haoleb Re: Win your dream system! - 05/20/03 02:13 AM
Ok now it worked. might have last time, i was expecting another pop up or something, and since the two pages look kina alike i didnt really notice it. my system consists of

2 M80's
2 EP350's
5 QS8's
1 VP150

lol, i could never fit all that in my room but hey, id rather win that than a epic micro or something! I think if i won, the shipping would be more than the system itself!
Posted By: polara Re: Win your dream system! - 05/20/03 10:20 AM
wasn't there a guy bitching last week about were the contest was-i remember a very rude and nasty guy screaming about where's the contest.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Win your dream system! - 05/20/03 12:54 PM
Semi On,

I think we would all agree, children included, that experimenting with 10.2 would be worth the immense resources it would require...

Think of the audiophiles!!!
Posted By: Amie Re: Win your dream system! - 05/20/03 01:59 PM
Semi_On, Ian and I may just beat you to 10.2 - more on that when the renovation is completed!

Thanks for all the feedback on browsers, etc. I'll put a note on the contest page so people know their pop-ups have to be enabled. Did everyone find the click-to-enter format to confusing? We're trying a few new things, and it's very helpful to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Win your dream system! - 05/20/03 02:44 PM
I think I entered the contest. Not sure if I was successful, but the survey picked an awesome system.
Posted By: Saturn Re: Win your dream system! - 05/20/03 03:17 PM
How would you build a 10.2 system. 2 surround processors at 5.1 from the same source? Or do you just expand the side and rear speakers? Is there a processor that can matrix a 7.1 to 10.1. The point .2 is easy since I noticed that my reciever has 2 sub outputs how would you setup a 10.2?
Forget the wedding plans...Lets build a 10.2 system.

Waiting in anticipation;
Saturn
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Win your dream system! - 05/20/03 03:33 PM
Saturn,

The tech has been demo'ed by Tomlinson Holman (T and H of THX) a while back:
http://www.smr-home-theatre.org/surround2001/technology/page_11.shtml

I remember reading about a store back east that had successfully built a demo theater in 10.2 using a computer as the processor for about a quarter mill. No idea how much it would cost to actually implement, but it sounds like Amie may have some cool news for us.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Win your dream system! - 05/20/03 04:26 PM
Perhaps an auto return email to the person confirming their successful entry into the contest would be helpful.
Posted By: aquashankar Re: Win your dream system! - 05/21/03 12:29 PM
Went to the link with all high hopes only to see that the contest is only for US and Canadian citizens. That means I'm out.

:-)
Posted By: KC_Mike Re: Win your dream system! - 06/07/03 02:02 AM
When is the drawing date?
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Win your dream system! - 06/13/03 05:44 AM
isint this thing over on the 14th or 17th or something? so when is it. i know it said after you send in your system but i dont wanna send mine in again to find out! everyones fingers are gonna be sore after being crossed for soo long lol
Posted By: Amie Re: Win your dream system! - 06/13/03 01:37 PM
June 18th is the drawing date.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Win your dream system! - 06/18/03 03:58 PM
I'm dying to know who won! (Me please!)
Posted By: KCSkins Re: Win your dream system! - 06/18/03 07:01 PM
Anyone know when or how we'll know who wins? I'm dilligently checking my email every two seconds to see if they've sent something to tell me I'm the lucky person.

And besides... I deserve this! I turned my dad onto Axiom and he got himself a set of M22's that he loves. But since I'm still poor and can't afford my own Axiom setup yet, I get to envy his.
Posted By: Yates28 Re: Win your dream system! - 06/18/03 07:30 PM
Ya, me too, my dream system is m22's based and already owning the m60's l can have the best of both world's.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Win your dream system! - 06/18/03 08:51 PM
Screw you both. I want a 10.2 set up!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Win your dream system! - 06/18/03 09:03 PM
Seems pointless for you guys to be arguing over it...I'M GOING TO WIN!
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Win your dream system! - 06/18/03 09:23 PM
i dont know if anyone is gonig to win. right now its 5:30 PM there and still no word of anyone won yet or anything. Amie everyone is dying to know who won so we can sleep tonight! lol.
Posted By: KCSkins Re: Win your dream system! - 06/18/03 09:42 PM
Don't worry, guys, I'm cool enough to invite you all over to my place for some music and movies after I win my new system today!

Some of y'all are gettin' greedy on me here! Help a brother out who doesn't own ONE SINGLE PIECE OF AXIOM EQUIPMENT YET! For years, I've been made to suffer by being forced to listen to a set of 13 year old Advent Legacy speakers. Please, help stop the hurting, and give this new system to me. For the price of a cup of coffee, blah blah blah...

Okay, I'll stop the Sally Struther's pitch now.

And, hey, since I'm a nice guy, if I don't happen to win this setup I'll make the winner a nice deal on his or her old gear! Seriously.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Win your dream system! - 06/18/03 10:32 PM
I was just going to suggest that. If...err, rather WHEN I win this new system, I'll have a VP150 available at a good price! (My M22's are staying with me!)
Posted By: bjkramer Re: Win your dream system! - 06/18/03 11:39 PM
I wonder how many people entered. What are our odds? Any guesses?
bj
Posted By: BigWill Re: Win your dream system! - 06/19/03 12:09 AM
With 1,586 thread views, I would expect the number of entries to be far less. Unless there was some other way of entering. If hitting this thread was the only way - how about... 348 entries?
Posted By: KCSkins Re: Win your dream system! - 06/19/03 12:31 AM
Okay, this waiting is killing me! And to make matters worse, I just checked my email again and noticed not one.. but TWO emails from AXIOM! I almost had a heartattack!

Unfortunately, they weren't to tell me that I have just won my dream system. They were the newsletter and the home theater course.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Win your dream system! - 06/19/03 12:41 AM
Which newsletter did you get? I haven't received on in quite awhile.
Posted By: KCSkins Re: Win your dream system! - 06/19/03 01:30 AM
It's actually not the newsletter, as I've come to read. One is the home theater "class," and the other is common mistakes made when purchasing a home theater.

Anyone win yet?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Win your dream system! - 06/19/03 01:46 AM
Nope...I haven't received my "Congratulations" email yet. I'll be sure to let you all know as soon as I've heard.

Posted By: Saturn Re: Win your dream system! - 06/19/03 03:55 AM
I got an email.... it says..

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

youv won a trip to Florida or California or Mexico...
all I have to do is fill in this survey...

damn spams.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Win your dream system! - 06/19/03 05:00 AM
OK, what are they doing to us??? I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight!
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Win your dream system! - 06/19/03 05:36 AM
honestly? .... I did for another drawing i was entered in that was today. New pair of Grado SR-125's comin my way :-D
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Win your dream system! - 06/19/03 05:37 AM
Eh, I'd actually forgotten it was supposed to be today until I read all the posts. Dammit! Now I'M not going to be able to sleep tonight! :-)
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Win your dream system! - 06/19/03 06:13 AM
lol. i didnt even see the rest of saturn's post. I thought we actually had a winner. But he didnt seem very excited... so i was skeptical.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Win your dream system! - 06/19/03 06:33 AM
Now see, Craig, you've whipped every Axiom enthusiast from Labrador to Hawaii into a frenzy(even the ones, like me, who didn't enter). Meanwhile, the peace of the Ontario night is shattered as Amie wakes up screaming "Ian you forgot to draw the winning name!"
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Win your dream system! - 06/19/03 06:55 AM
All will be forgiven when she draws my name!
Posted By: Amie Re: Win your dream system! - 06/19/03 02:25 PM
Winner!! We have a Winner! Actually, according to the laws of Canada, we don't have a winner until the selected person successfully answers a skill testing question, but . . . hopefully he's in.

Winner of the Dream System Contest is Trayz G., of North Bay, Ontario! He was selected from our random drawing - and won the M50s, VP150, QS8s and EP175. Congratulations!
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Win your dream system! - 06/19/03 04:04 PM
a skill testing question? lol. i can just see it now.

Q: What country are you in?
A: Uh... MmMMmmm... Canada?
Posted By: KCSkins Re: Win your dream system! - 06/19/03 05:34 PM
But... but... damn. Lucky Canadian.

Wait a minute... Axiom is from Canada. The winner is from Canada. Something's fishy about this!

I say we have another contest and you have the winner be from Los Angeles, which happens to be where I'm from.

Congrats, regardless, to the "Canadian" "winner."
Kevin
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Win your dream system! - 06/19/03 09:22 PM
I second that LA winner only idea!
Posted By: KCSkins Re: Win your dream system! - 06/19/03 10:27 PM
Good day, eh! This is the big winner Trayz G., of North Bay, Ontario, and I'd be ever so happy if you sent my new system to my friend Kevin in Los Angeles, eh!

Please contact him directly for shipping information. Thanks for making him so happy.

Thanks eh lot,
Trayz G., of North Bay, Ontario
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Win your dream system! - 06/20/03 04:32 PM
Congratulations to Trayz G (I'm green with envy) and a BIG thankyou to Axiom for giving us, but apparently not me the chance to win.

will this be a yearly event???
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Win your dream system! - 06/20/03 06:10 PM
Hey...let's be greedy...will this be a Monthly event? LOL...
Posted By: Zarak Re: Win your dream system! - 06/20/03 07:17 PM
Daily??
Posted By: bjkramer Re: Win your dream system! - 06/20/03 10:09 PM
Awww hell, just give me some free speakers damnit!
bj
Posted By: Amie Re: Win your dream system! - 06/20/03 10:49 PM
Well, definitely not daily!! Tee hee! But I will let you know when we run the next contest. I think the wizard contest is the most fun one yet. Any other ideas?
Posted By: KCSkins Re: Win your dream system! - 07/06/03 06:55 PM
Hi Amie-

Just curious, but are you guys ready to do another contest yet?! I know we are on the consumer end.

Best,
Kevin
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Win your dream system! - 07/06/03 07:57 PM
lol. Good things come to those who wait. Be patient my son.
Posted By: MSuero Re: Win your dream system! - 07/07/03 12:00 AM
How about now?
Posted By: MSuero Re: Win your dream system! - 07/07/03 12:01 AM
Now?
Posted By: MSuero Re: Win your dream system! - 07/07/03 12:01 AM
Ready yet?
Posted By: Amie Re: Win your dream system! - 07/23/03 05:16 PM
Has anyone found the Epic 80 contest yet? It's running somewhere online . . .
Posted By: JasonG Re: Win your dream system! - 07/23/03 05:23 PM
Google knows everything.

http://www.askmen.co.uk/media_kit/contest/
Posted By: Amie Re: Win your dream system! - 07/23/03 05:36 PM
Yikes! That was fast!!
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Win your dream system! - 07/26/03 03:34 AM
im away on vacation and wont be able to check my emails till the 31st. im not missing anything am I ?
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Win your dream system! - 07/26/03 01:17 PM
No offense, but where exactly would a Hawaiian go for vacation? Living there and going on vacation seems redundant...
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Win your dream system! - 07/26/03 03:56 PM
well i left on the 11th and went to california and now im in oregon. Its soo nice to get off that stinkin island for a change, but im starting to miss home.
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Win your dream system! - 07/26/03 10:54 PM
The only thing I remember stinking was the poy...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Win your dream system! - 07/27/03 08:45 AM
You obviously weren't walking behind me after I'd attended a pig roast...
© Axiom Message Boards