Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack Alternative to drunk driving. - 11/03/09 06:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stDWNam7RtE

that is a hell of a lot of vodka...dang
Posted By: RickF Re: Alternative to drunk driving. - 11/03/09 07:06 PM
Way back in the day whenever I worked in a distribution center for Albertson's food stores incidents like that were pretty common, although I've never seen racking taken down to that extent. Remember the orange stand up Raymond (narrow aisle) forklifts used in some Home Depots? A fellow worker was operating one backing down an aisle and another worker was going forward while lowering the forks from the top rack, the fellow backing up ended up with a fork blade completely through his thigh with the tip of the blade stuck in the forklift ... he had to wait until the paramedics arrived to get un-pierced from the blade.

Those were the days.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Alternative to drunk driving. - 11/03/09 07:10 PM
Impalements are the worst kind of injury. They typically leave the object in until they can get you to the ER. *shudder*
Posted By: jakewash Re: Alternative to drunk driving. - 11/03/09 07:12 PM
....It's just a flesh wound.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Alternative to drunk driving. - 11/03/09 08:02 PM
Your arm's off!
Posted By: Potatohead Re: Alternative to drunk driving. - 11/03/09 10:48 PM
I think we need more news with this newswoman
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Alternative to drunk driving. - 11/04/09 02:48 AM
Wow, what a mess!

That racking looked a bit flimsy and inadequate. Yes, the guy did slam his big heavy forklift into it, but the way ALL the racking came down shouldn't happen.
Posted By: CV Re: Alternative to drunk driving. - 11/04/09 05:05 AM
Yeah, that's insane that it all came down like that. Liquid's heavy, so I guess they really needed to have it on something more substantial.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Alternative to drunk driving. - 11/04/09 02:24 PM
I am reminded of one of my favorite amusing videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqd4aPs5WTA

It's slow in the beginning. Give it a couple of minutes.... \:D

(And a warning: Lots of obviously fake blood and some gore. But it's clearly comedy; obviously not intended to be real. Just FYI, if you're sensitive to such things...)
Posted By: Argon Re: Alternative to drunk driving. - 11/04/09 03:40 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Impalements are the worst kind of injury. They typically leave the object in until they can get you to the ER. *shudder*

If only they had done that with "Steve-o", we might still have the "Crocodile Hunter". RIP Steve.
© Axiom Message Boards