Axiom Home Page
Posted By: nickbuol Amazon and Pre-Orders??? - 11/07/09 02:24 AM
OK. I am looking at picking up some Blu-Rays over the next few weeks from Amazon as their prices seem to keep dropping a little. Anyway, does anyone know if Amazon's "Pre-Order" pricing goes up on the date of release? I know that WalMart many times has the same price in stores as Amazon has online, but I have no idea what their prices will be on release day.

So again, does anyone know if Amazon's "pre-order" prices go up after movies are released?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Amazon and Pre-Orders??? - 11/07/09 02:28 AM
Nick, I'm not sure, but I do know Amazon's prices fluctuate constantly. As a marketplace it is constantly updated to what the market conditions are. If something is advertised at say, Best Buy, I've found Amazon's pricing to be in line with the Best Buy ad.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Amazon and Pre-Orders??? - 11/07/09 02:35 AM
What is the question exactly? "Pre-orders" at Amazon at garenteing that you will pay the lowest price the item went while you item was pre-ordered. I had quite a few disks that went lower than higher during the few weeks it was in pre-order and I always paid the lowest point.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Amazon and Pre-Orders??? - 11/07/09 02:43 AM
Additionally, I've gotten refunds on pre-orders which have dropped in price the day after they've shipped. So yeah, you get the lowest price during the time you've been on the pre-order, and a short time after.
Posted By: CV Re: Amazon and Pre-Orders??? - 11/07/09 05:11 AM
It's too bad that only works on preorders. I remember ordering an item and then seeing the price drop before they even shipped mine, but when I emailed them to see if they'd give me the lower price, they said no.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Amazon and Pre-Orders??? - 11/07/09 05:47 AM
Yeah, they used to have that, but stopped the practice. But you can return and rebuy, probably not worth it though.
Posted By: CV Re: Amazon and Pre-Orders??? - 11/07/09 05:53 AM
Not on what I bought, anyway. I'm also disappointed they stopped providing 10% video game discount codes to ECA members. Of course, I won't be happy unless they do everything better than absolutely all of the competition.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Amazon and Pre-Orders??? - 11/07/09 05:57 AM
They were selling forza 3 for $52... the new COD is still $60 so I am not sure how they decide which games to discount 10-15%
Posted By: CV Re: Amazon and Pre-Orders??? - 11/07/09 06:02 AM
Well, at least with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 you get $20 of video game credit for a future purchase if you preorder.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Amazon and Pre-Orders??? - 11/09/09 05:30 AM
COD:MF2 can be pre-ordered at WalMart for $60 and you get a $20 WalMart gift card...
Posted By: CV Re: Amazon and Pre-Orders??? - 11/09/09 05:47 AM
I bet they're what prompted Amazon.com's deal.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Amazon and Pre-Orders??? - 11/11/09 09:58 PM
 Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
Additionally, I've gotten refunds on pre-orders which have dropped in price the day after they've shipped. So yeah, you get the lowest price during the time you've been on the pre-order, and a short time after.

An update on exactly how this works. The "short time" is for pre-orders which ship before their release date. Many movies and games when ordered with two-day shipping will ship on Monday in order for them to arrive on Tuesday. If the price does down between shipping (when you actually get billed) and release, you'll get a refund for the difference.
Posted By: CV Re: Amazon and Pre-Orders??? - 11/12/09 05:30 AM
Ahh, that makes sense.
© Axiom Message Boards