Axiom Home Page
Posted By: chesseroo The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/23/03 02:06 PM
Well well, i have to say that the new Axiom speaker finishes are great.
Extra cost, yes, but at least the selection is there. Grilles, matte, gloss and more colours for all 3 categories.

Just a couple of things:
1) can Axiom owners buy new coloured grilles for their existing speakers?
2) will someone post pics of the new speakers as they are wrapped in the new colours? (swatches are ok but never really show what they look like in real view)
Posted By: sushi Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/23/03 02:38 PM
I wholeheartedly welcome the broader selections of finish, now "official." Way to go, Axiom!

I have seen in other AV forums no less than 3-4 persons who really wanted the Axioms but could not get them because a color that meets WAF and other room-decor considerations was not available.

For those of you who do not subscribe to the AudioFile (you should now!), here is the swatches.
Posted By: amer Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/23/03 02:47 PM
All I can say is WOW! Those are a great selection of finishes. Damn that high gloss blue ripple looks cool.

I should now have no problem getting a pair of M3's in Highgloss Birdseye Maple for the bedroom past the wife. Wonder what the odds of a pair of them suddenly showing up in the factory outlet store are...lol.

Nice work axiom.

Posted By: 2x6spds Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/23/03 03:26 PM
Beautiful!
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/23/03 04:20 PM
Stunning idea, love the Blue Ripple, glad it made the cut.
I still would be happier if "nude" ie: plain old mdf were an option but you're never going to please everyone

Thanks for being the best!
Posted By: sushi Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/23/03 04:44 PM
I guess, as we discussed before, the inevitable next step would be to include some real wood finishes at an even higher surcharge.

That may somewhat diminish the steller cost/performance factor of the Axioms, but this whole thing also tells us that a large chunk of manufacturing cost may actually go to the finishes in those "expensive and beautiful" speakers.
Posted By: BigWill Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/23/03 05:02 PM
Interesting... Would you want that MDF sealed, lacquered, oil finished? I suppose a purist might opt for the latter... don't want anything coming between you and the warmth of a natural wood finish.
Posted By: Amie Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/23/03 05:08 PM
Yowza - 25 finishes and we're *still* not pleasing everyone? Sigh. What could be more fun than blue ripple though?

If you're ever chatting with Joe, ask him about the student he has that airbrushes the speakers - stunningly beautiful work.
Posted By: Zarak Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/23/03 06:40 PM
Any chance we could change out our speakers if we have ordered in the past couple of months? I ended up with the cherry since it was the closest to what would go with my room well, but I think that new Mansfield Beech would better. The cherry I have is quite a bit darker then the other wood in the room.
Posted By: Saturn Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/23/03 08:23 PM
YAY!!!!! I was mentioning about different finishes last November. Its great thats its now here. Now I can get the QS4 or QS8 to blend in with the wall color behind the couch.

ps: Chess the PMCs are fantastic!!!
Posted By: Haoleb Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/24/03 12:36 AM
air brushes the speakers? man. if i had a pink floyd set of M80's with something like a mural of all the little logo's of all the albums that would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool.
Posted By: polara Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/24/03 01:35 AM
what page are the new colors on-hope its not the news letter i havent seen one in 4-5 months
Posted By: Haoleb Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/24/03 01:39 AM
click the link provided by the first poster.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/24/03 06:24 AM
I hate you Amie.

Now I want to completely replace my home theater.
Posted By: KC_Mike Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/24/03 07:07 AM
Wow! I am thrilled that new finishes and grilles are now available. Kudos to Axiom for paying attention to their most valuable asset.....the customer.

I like many of the new finishes and will be entering a separate thread for everybody to reply on their favorite finishes.

I had been silently wishing for this since I first time I ran across the Axiom website.
Posted By: Steven Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/24/03 11:34 AM
I love the new finishes

Will just have to live with my Boston Cherry

Now how about offereing an upgraded crossover with quality caps, Mills resistors, and descent air core inductors so everyone else can have a chance to hear these speakers really sing.

Question: Are retro fits a possibility? I love that High Gloss Rosewood!
Posted By: Amie Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/27/03 07:08 PM
We do have an upgrade policy . . . drop me an email if you're interested!
Posted By: sushi Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/28/03 09:31 PM
Amie,

When you eventually post/link the new swatches on the products pages, it will be very helpful to have the "regular" finishes on the same page, too, so that the visitor can compare them at once.
Posted By: Sean Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 05/28/03 10:47 PM
What is this upgrade policy?
Posted By: Saturn Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 06/03/03 07:19 PM
I just got a sample of the Buffalo Oak and it is AMAZING!!!!! Reminds me of the finish of the B&W CMD series Oak finish. Excellent detail!!!!!

Posted By: Ken.C Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 06/04/03 09:23 PM
Has anyone gotten a sample of the sorrel pear? That's the one that me and my wife are interested in, and I'd like to know how it looks, and how it compares to the Boston cherry. ('cause I got this friend who I might be able to get the cherry ones from... ;-)
Posted By: KC_Mike Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 06/05/03 04:17 AM
Amie sent me a sample of the Sorrel Pear. It is an Albany, NY right now (according to the tracking number) so it should be here in KC by Friday or the following Monday.
Posted By: KC_Mike Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 06/10/03 03:58 AM
The Sorrel Pear sample arrived today. I think it looks fantastic....flawless finish. The swatch on the sample web page is pretty close to the sample I received, but the actual sample is a tad darker. I suppose its possible that the difference could be attributed to my monitor settings?

Can't help you much regarding a comparison to the Boston Cherry
Posted By: spiffnme Re: The NEW Axiom Speaker Finishes - 06/10/03 03:50 PM
I just received the Buffalo Oak, and Heartland Maple samples yesterday. Wow...I was expecting a little bitty 2x2 square, she sent a nice big piece with a sample removable grill attached.

Very nice pieces. Though I think I'll stick with my Boston Cherry. I like the deeper rich color of the cherry.

If anyone wants to see the samples I have, let me know - I'll gladly forward them to you.
© Axiom Message Boards