Axiom Home Page
Posted By: terzaghi need a free windows ftp program - 12/09/09 05:39 AM
Used CuteFTP previously but don't want to pay for it (trial expired).

Any suggestions?

I need something to connect to my modded xbox and transfer files between my computer and xbox.

Thanks.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: need a free windows ftp program - 12/09/09 05:44 AM
Filezilla?
Posted By: terzaghi Re: need a free windows ftp program - 12/09/09 05:46 AM
I just downloaded flash fxp.. I forgot I have used that before. I THINK it never really expires, just tells you that you have passed your 30 day trial.. I think my old one used to say I was on day 200 something of my 30 day trial.

If it truly does expire after 30 days I will look at filezilla or any other suggestions that u guys have.

Thanks as always.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: need a free windows ftp program - 12/09/09 05:54 AM
Filezilla
Posted By: Ken.C Re: need a free windows ftp program - 12/09/09 06:34 AM
cmd->ftp.
Posted By: grunt Re: need a free windows ftp program - 12/09/09 06:54 AM
How wude! ;\)
Posted By: CV Re: need a free windows ftp program - 12/09/09 07:21 AM
I use FileZilla, too, and I'm very happy with it. I used CuteFTP before, and FileZilla moves the files much quicker for me.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: need a free windows ftp program - 12/09/09 02:55 PM
See if you can find a copy of "WS_FTP95 LE". It is free for home use, and is a good & simple FTP client. The caveat is that they stopped officially distributing the free version a few years ago, but they still exist if you look.

Barring that, Windows Explorer does support basic FTP operations. Just type in the FTP server's address in the address bar just like it was any other drive|folder on your PC. It should connect and then function like any other folder. Just drag & drop whatever you want between them. No dedicated FTP software required.
Posted By: DSQ Re: need a free windows ftp program - 12/09/09 05:40 PM
WinSCP
Posted By: terzaghi Re: need a free windows ftp program - 12/09/09 05:50 PM
I used to use WS FTP Pro but don't have the computer that was installed on anymore.

Based on the number of recommendations for filezilla I think I will use that.

Thanks a bunch.
© Axiom Message Boards