Axiom Home Page
Posted By: HomeDad New date for LORD OF THE RINGS on Blu-ray - 12/15/09 12:13 AM
Looks like April 6th now.

LOTR

I hadn't realized they were going to do The Hobbit, something I'll be looking forward to.
what about star wars? will that ever make bluray?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New date for LORD OF THE RINGS on Blu-ray - 12/15/09 12:38 AM
Only when the format's about to be replaced, and it will be THE LAST TIME OMG TO EVER GET THE TRILOGY ON ANYTHING in this iteration of the editing and remaking
As the story points out, those are still the Theatrical versions, still holding out for the Extended before I buy.
The Extended version is so much better, I couldn't bring myself to watch the other....ever again.
Posted By: grunt Re: New date for LORD OF THE RINGS on Blu-ray - 12/15/09 03:35 AM
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile

Only when the format's about to be replaced, and it will be THE LAST TIME OMG TO EVER GET THE TRILOGY ON ANYTHING in this iteration of the editing and remaking

Started laughing when I read this until I realized it true.

I agree it’s the extended edition or nothing. I hate when they do crap like this. Sounds similar to this:

http://www.audioholics.com/news/editorials/rentalgate
To be fair, the R-rated version of T: Salvation was on the 2nd disc, not a seamless branch of the theatrical version, even when purchased. Not saying that studio's don't/won't release trimmed back versions of films for rental.
Posted By: grunt Re: New date for LORD OF THE RINGS on Blu-ray - 12/15/09 03:50 AM
To hell with the studios. I’ll continue to rent and if there is an absolutely must see nudie scene there’s always Mr. Skin. No I’m not posting the link.
© Axiom Message Boards