Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jumbo_tron Boxes - 12/29/09 09:12 PM
Hey guys do you think I should keep all of the boxes for my Axioms around or maybe just one from each pair or get rid of them all?
I also have a big @ss SVS box laying around in my one bedroom apartment and it's gotta go.
I just worry if something were to go wrong and something needed to be sent in. At this rate I'm going to need to get a storage space just for boxes. What do you all do with them.

Thanks,
Anthony
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Boxes - 12/29/09 09:15 PM
When I had room for them, I kept all the boxes. When I was running out of room, I kept one for each type of speaker. When I didn't have the room any more, I threw the boxes away. When I moved across the country, I lamented getting rid of the boxes.

The movers were great, though, and everything arrived unharmed.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Boxes - 12/29/09 09:15 PM
I kept mine, but I had the attic space.

IIRC, Axiom will sell you another box if, by some chance, you need to send a speaker in for warranty work.
Posted By: Wid Re: Boxes - 12/29/09 09:29 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I kept mine, but I had the attic space.

IIRC, Axiom will sell you another box if, by some chance, you need to send a speaker in for warranty work.

I asked this years ago and Amie said they would indeed sell boxes but shipping cost would be rather high.

I got rid of mine years ago. There can't be many situation as where the whole speaker needs to be sent in.
Posted By: jumbo_tron Re: Boxes - 12/29/09 09:46 PM
This is very true wid, maybe I will just get rid of the foam, fold up a couple of them and stuff them in the back of the closet for a rainy day. Thanks all
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Boxes - 12/29/09 11:22 PM
I think I'm going to toss my M80 boxes soon. I'm holding onto the 350 box--I've had to replace one already.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Boxes - 12/30/09 12:57 AM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
When I had room for them, I kept all the boxes. When I was running out of room, I kept one for each type of speaker. When I didn't have the room any more, I threw the boxes away. When I moved across the country, I lamented getting rid of the boxes.

The movers were great, though, and everything arrived unharmed.

That's quite a parable.

Some people toss the styrofoam and keep the boxes but flatten them down. You can always find new bubble wrap later in future shipping but finding a good fit box is tougher, though Uhaul has a pretty good selection.

I keep all mine in the garage rafters.
Posted By: jumbo_tron Re: Boxes - 12/30/09 01:10 AM
At first I liked having my apartment garage ceiling totally enclosed but now I wish it was open to the rafters to put these things up there.
© Axiom Message Boards