Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko Best fan-made light saber battle ever - 01/03/10 04:09 PM
Trust me on this and just watch it. Amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RATMJ8JH1qo
OMG....ten minutes? I don't know if I trust you that much....
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Best fan-made light saber battle ever - 01/03/10 04:21 PM
Nah, these guys are for real. Friends of my sister. He's a genius with rotoscoping (the lightsabers). As I understand it these are essentially his audition pieces to get into the film industry. (not that I've watched this link yet, but I recognize the name and poster's name.)
Posted By: CV Re: Best fan-made light saber battle ever - 01/03/10 04:24 PM
Hey, that's really well-done. I'm impressed.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Best fan-made light saber battle ever - 01/03/10 07:23 PM
pretty neat.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Best fan-made light saber battle ever - 01/03/10 11:49 PM
I don't think the first one had nearly as many sfx. I especially liked the cutting into metal parts, and the lightsaber drag through water bit was pretty masterful.
Posted By: CV Re: Best fan-made light saber battle ever - 01/04/10 12:15 AM
Besides the effects, which are really incredible for amateurs, it's a well-orchestrated fight scene... even if I don't understand the point of pushing the lightsaber further in. I wish I could choreograph fight scenes.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Best fan-made light saber battle ever - 01/04/10 12:31 AM
That was quite impressive! Excellent effects and choreographing. Yeah, CV, I'm with you, don't quite get the pushing the lightsaber further in. . .unless it's that much hotter near the hilt?
I wondered about that too.

Truthfully, in my opinion, though I think it was wonderfully done overall, it's length hurts it. (shaddup, Peter!)
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Best fan-made light saber battle ever - 01/04/10 02:43 AM
Concerning "pushing saber in", I think it was only to show off the effect. Probably works like the hypodermic needles used in movies, where the needle/blade moves up into the handle.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Best fan-made light saber battle ever - 01/04/10 02:47 AM
My father told me that apparently Ryan was on a sfx team that won an Emmy. Not sure for what show. The behind the scenes stuff is pretty cool, too.
Posted By: Murph Re: Best fan-made light saber battle ever - 01/04/10 03:38 PM
Wow. That was incredible. As well done as any of the real movies and better than the early movies' battles.

Especially better than the original where with every horribly big slow swing between you Ben Kenobi and Darth you keep thinking, "Man, I so could have cut him in half by now."

Although I do admit, I never wanted anything more in my life as a kid than a 'real' light saber after the first Star Wars. In fact, I'm quiet certain it's still number one on my wish list.
© Axiom Message Boards