Axiom Home Page
Posted By: terzaghi Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 12:19 AM
Yes, I am talking about the color of the message boards...

Took my a couple of days to get accustomed to the "dark" scheme option of the message board, but the black and grey are much easier on the eyes.
I've taken a liking to it as well.

Scott
Posted By: Wid Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 02:02 AM

I've had it like this for a long while.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 02:28 AM
Lol!! I've been running the dark screen for a couple of days and am getting used to it!
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 02:52 AM
After a day or more of browsing in "dark mode" read a few threads or so and then switch back to the white version. BLINDING!
Posted By: grunt Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 06:37 AM
Feel the power of the dark side. . . .

I’m glad this topic came up again. I’ve used the “dark” scheme for as long as I can remember it being available because I find it easier on my eyes. I also think they usually look nicer than just black on white but maybe that’s just because I’m use to it.

Perhaps we should come up with a secret handshake, gang signs, signature comment. ;\)
Posted By: jakewash Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 07:10 AM
Add one more that has felt the power of the dark side \:\)
Posted By: grunt Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 08:22 AM
I knew I posted something about this before but didn’t seem to take off the last time.

My eyes thank you axiom
Posted By: Argon Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 12:40 PM
be afraid.....be VERY AFRAID....
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 12:47 PM
Man, If I would have only seen that thread before I would not have had to suffer all this time! I agree with Randy in the thread you linked that the Axiom logo looks like crap on the black background though.
Posted By: grunt Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 04:59 PM
I also agree it doesn’t make everything look better like the logo and some icons but then I’m not trying to read them so it’s easy for me to overlook.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 05:04 PM
I just can't use it. I dislike the folder icons.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 05:04 PM
I like this darker theme so much I am experimenting with my windows settings to mimic it, for awhile anyway.
Posted By: grunt Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 05:51 PM
I’ve lost track of them but there are also some registry hacks, at least for XP, which allow you to change the colours of some Microsoft Windows programs. You could say have a black background with yellow lettering for you word processor.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 05:54 PM
You guys were really fond of the internet back in 1995, weren't you. <shudder>
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 06:02 PM
I find there's more eye strain with the darker background, because the print is too small.

Speaking of older internet... I used to run a small bulletin board back in the late 80s. I tried about 3 different BB software. I had them all setup with black backgrounds with yellow words, and red and blue lines. Yuckeroo.
Now, why y'all gotta be dissin' on the legendary amber monitor?

I've been using the dark scheme for a really long time.
Posted By: RickF Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 06:13 PM
 Originally Posted By: terzaghi
Yes, I am talking about the color of the message boards...

For a moment there I was brought back to some of my more wilder and much younger Army days ... talk about global warming! ;\)

I have to go with the lighter shade of pale here, the dark background gets somewhat bothersome to me after a while.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 06:17 PM
I wish we could make our own color scheme... Not that I dislike Axiom's default.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 06:59 PM
For me with the dark scheme the background is Dark grey and white lettering for posts and the reply box is black w/ white lettering.

Cat you can adjust the size of the text through browser configuration, with IE8 you can go into page size and adjust almost any aspect of the pages you are looking at.
Posted By: grunt Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: CatBrat

I find there's more eye strain with the darker background, because the print is too small.

AFAIK you can make the print bigger in most any browser.

Originally Posted By: pmbuko

I wish we could make our own color scheme... Not that I dislike Axiom's default.

You might be able to with a custom style sheet but I’m not sure if it will override the ubb theme. I imagine there are some out there.
Wow, I didn't even know this existed. Definately better, the forum page layout is much nicer.

Edit: I miss the little thumping drivers though to tell you there is new activity in one of the forums \:\(
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Once you go black, you never go back... - 01/14/10 09:42 PM
I never cared for the thumping drivers too much myself...
© Axiom Message Boards